We pride ourselves as being an employer of choice and welcome and encourage applications from everyone, such as ethnic minorities, women, disabled people and those who identify as LGBT+.
To find out more about how we champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace and making DVSA a great place to work visit our Careers website.
A rewarding job where you earn while you learn!
Do you enjoy working with people at all levels?
Are you forward thinking and enjoy the challenge of investigating?
This role combines learning and practical on the job training. At the end of it all, you’ll have a level 4 Business Analyst qualification. You’ll be fully supported to meet the learning requirements of the qualification.
Make no mistake, it’ll be hard work. You’ll need to be highly motivated, but we’ll help you balance your work and studies, better still, you will enjoy a host of great benefits.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working collaboratively to make business improvements. If this sounds like you then please apply! We can’t wait to hear from you!
The Business Analyst reports to the Theory Test Product Manager. The post holder is responsible for the application of Business Analysis tools and techniques to define and validate digital projects, products and services, ensuring they are aligned to DVSA’s strategic objectives. The scope of requirements definition includes business requirements (goals, objectives, needs); stakeholder functional and non-functional solutions and the steps need to transition requirements into the live production service
The post holder will be part of the agile/scrum delivery teams within the Theory Test Service. They will work collaboratively with product owners, technical colleagues (e.g. software developers, testers) and other business analysts to continuously improve our digital solutions and deliver benefit and value to our customers and the business.
They will be responsible for supporting the maintenance, refinement and prioritisation of the product backlog as well as coordinating communications, escalating and facilitating resolution of risks, issues and changes.
The post holder will challenge constructively and act as a critical friend to achieve solutions that are fit for purpose. They will also facilitate collaboration and lead effective communication with all stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user needs.
Responsibilities including, but are not limited to:
- Eliciting, defining, validating and managing requirements for projects, products and services working closely with the Product Owner / Manager and development teams to create user stories ready for development.
- Supporting the development, production and maintenance of roadmaps and business cases.
- Assuring the suitability of the solutions in meeting the business requirements.
- Reviewing solution and design proposals for alignment to requirements.
- Obtaining formal agreement from a large and diverse range of potentially senior stakeholders and recipients to the scope and requirements, plus the establishment of a baseline on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Applying an agile mindset to all aspects of your work.
- Identifying and exploring opportunities for service and business improvement.
To thrive in this role, you should be an inquisitive and eager individual with the desire to learn new skills and improve services for our customers.
You will be a confident IT user, particularly experienced using Excel. You are analytically minded, forward thinking and are willing to fact find to make strong conclusions.
You will have strong communication skills and be someone who naturally enjoys working collaboratively with different business areas and likes the challenge of influencing others to achieve business outcomes.
You can build rapport quickly with both internal and external stakeholders which enables you to build solid working relationships.
This role requires regular travel to Nottingham and occasional travel to other DVSA locations.
To be eligible for this apprenticeship, you must:
Hold one of the following:
• Any level 3 qualification and at least 12 months of valid work experience (office based).
• A Non-Business related degree with at least 6 months of valid work experience (office based).
• A Business related degree (e.g. Finance, Economics, Maths etc) – no work experience needed.
• Have the right work in the UK.
• Not be in full-time education.
• Not be in receipt of funding for other learning programmes.
• Have valid and eligible residency status and be resident in the UK for 3 years before the start of the apprenticeship.
If you currently hold or are working towards a similar qualification of the same level or higher, then you will not be eligible to apply for this vacancy. In order to be eligible for our apprenticeship vacancy, any qualifications previously held or currently being worked towards must differ in content so that this apprenticeship provides substantial new skills.
If you apply and are found to possess the above: your application will not be considered; any offer of employment will be withdrawn, and your contract will be terminated.
This role is offered at £24,587.20 for the first 12 months. Following this your salary will increase to £30,734.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) helps everyone stay safe on Britain’s roads.
We do this by helping people through a lifetime of safe driving, helping them keep their vehicles safe to drive, and protecting them from unsafe drivers and vehicles.
Our work affects millions of people and thousands of businesses. Most importantly, our work saves lives.
We’re an innovative organisation that values professional expertise. We invest in our people and champion inclusive and diverse teams. And we make sure colleagues have the skills to meet the needs of Britain’s road users.
If you would like to read more about the great opportunities and benefits of working at DVSA visit our Careers website.
Diversity: Our vision is to support and develop everyone who chooses to work for us. We care deeply about diversity and equality. And we create a positive culture that’s friendly, welcoming, respectful and full of opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Address Swansea, Bristol, Nottingham, or Newcastle
- Salary Offer £24,587 for the first 12 months. Following this your salary will increase to £30,734.