Calico Enterprise’ is a values led company who invest in local communities where everyone thrives through innovation, strength and collaboration. Calico Enterprise, along with all other parts of the Group, have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group, to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Each part of the Calico Group has its own specialism and expertise but the “One Calico” vision is to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer and looking for new talent. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
what you’ll be doing
As a Floating Support Officer within Calico Enterprises’ Bury Floating Support team, you will work closely with people who need support to find, maintain and sustain tenancy in living accommodation.
You will be passionate about helping those in need to transform their lives by preventing homelessness, gaining independence and securing employment. You will work collaboratively with the wider Floating Support team and external agencies and partners to ensure the best possible outcomes for your customers.
This role is part of a supportive and collaborative team but there is also lots of autonomy to manage your caseload independently, working flexibly from home and in the community subject to customer needs.
There is also opportunity to be involved in group-based support, with a focus on encouraging social interaction for some of the most isolated members of the community.
Our Floating Support Officers make a real difference to people’s lives!
You will be based at our offices on the outskirts of Bury town centre.
Your hours of work would be 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday (option to discuss flexible working arrangements).
The salary for this role is £18,313 to £20,219 per annum depending on experience.
what you will get in return
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 36 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Generous occupational pay schemes
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for Calico Enterprise and the Calico Group, too many to mention! Calico has a reputation both locally and nationally as an employer of choice, ranked 5th in the “Inclusive top 50 UK Employees list” – an achievement we are exceptionally proud of. But in case you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/
what you’ll need to be a success
- The ability to engage with individuals and build trusting relationships – patience and resilience will be key!
- Excellent communication skills in a variety of settings
- Effective organisational skills and flexibility
- Competent IT ability and documentation skills
- Desire to challenge decisions and achieve positive outcomes for customers
- A willingness to go the extra mile for the organisation and customers
- Knowledge of housing-related issues and services which will be further enhanced in the role
***We have roles for both experienced and non-experienced Floating Support Workers/Officers – salary will be subject to experience but we are willing and able to provide full training to those who have transferrable knowledge and skills and who demonstrate the right values and behaviours ***
Progression from entry level to experienced Floating Support Officer can be achieved within 2 years.