Allocate Software is a leading provider of specialist workforce management software. The group operates mainly in the Healthcare sector but also within commercial sectors including Defence and Maritime. Allocate has its group headquarters in UK (Richmond) and operates in several international markets including UK, Sweden, Australia, USA, Macedonia and France, employing over 600 staff worldwide. The business, under private equity ownership has significant international expansion plans over the next few years.
This role is responsible for the financial and administrative support of the Group’s Account Managers and billing & accounting for customer orders. This includes overseeing the raising & approving of invoices, reporting on the Group’s billing performance and providing any administrative assistance where necessary to ensure that customer orders are booked successfully.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business and team, with great potential for the role to develop and expand with the business.
- Managing the Sales Order process within the Group’s Finance department, including:
- Ensuring the completeness of contractual paperwork and accuracy of the booking data
- Line management responsibility for the team’s Billing team.
- Reviewing the workload and output, ensuring that all invoice processing and related queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Liaising with the business’s CRM Data Specialist to ensure the accuracy of data within the CRM system.
- Responsibility for the approval of invoicing, approving batches and maintaining invoicing records:
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of billing.
- Ensure all licence, support and subscription revenues are recognised in line with the performance of the contract.
- Ensure adherence to relevant sales and good service tax rules.
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer details and account records.
- Validation of data for the purposes of commission calculations
- Frequent reporting and accounting for customer billing as follows:
- Monthly/weekly reporting on overdue billings and renewals and reporting on actual billings versus target/forecast.
- Maintenance of unbilled income licence records and enquiry into overdue billing
- Preparation of billings & revenue analysis and associated balance sheet reconciliations as part of the monthly close process
- New Client set-up – liaison with Account Managers and with clients’ finance/procurement departments as appropriate to gain all required information:
- Know your client procedures.
- Client set-up on all relevant systems
- Setting-up customer billing rules including relevant sales tax classifications
- Partner Management – liaison with Partners & re-sellers regarding quotations, product pricing and set-up, invoices, and statements of work
- Working with the other managers in the Group’s Finance team to deliver enhancement and process improvement projects as required
- Becoming an expert user of the Salesforce system and as required, ensuring that all relevant systems are updated, and processes are established for the invoicing and associated revenue recognition of new product lines
- Sales tax returns preparation for the Group including UK VAT, US Sales Tax and Australian GST
- Ad-hoc tasks as reasonably requested in line with supporting the Allocate sales team on a financial or administrative basis.
Allocate Core Competencies:
- Customer Support – Will be at ease with providing outstanding support and have empathy with the customer and a strong desire to resolve their issues.
- Strong work ethic – gets the job done, professional, cooperative, determined to succeed and consistent with high quality work
- Communication – Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and customers, including providing case updates, producing reports and escalating issues internally.
- Team Player – Will need to be a team player, enjoys working in a team environment and working with others to solve customer issues.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Gathers, verifies, and assesses all appropriate and available information to gain an accurate understanding of situations. Considers a range of possible options, evaluating evidence and seeking advice where appropriate. Makes clear, timely, justifiable decisions, reviewing these, as necessary.
- Building Relationships – Able to develop effective relationships with Allocate colleagues and customers. Able to respond appropriately to feedback.
- Innovation, Flexibility and Adaptability – Undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and customer requests. Must be prepared to meet business goals and respond well to change.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Substantial experience in a similar billing role is essential to perform effectively in this role.
- Ability to work within a strong team environment as well as independently.
- Diligent, accurate and detailed with good communication and management skills
- Previous experience of being a line manager.
- Good interpersonal skills are also required with experience of dealing with people at all levels within the organisation.
- Previous experience of working in a software company.
- Experience in working in an international business.
- CIMA/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience.
- Salesforce experience desirable
- Address 1 Church Road, Richmond, London
- Salary Offer Competitive salary plus flexible benefits