- United Kingdom
- Uxbridge, Middlesex
- Administrator/ Coordinator
- Full-time Fixed Term
Job Purpose and Summary
Canon UK are looking for a co-ordinator to work in a busy bid team.
- To support qualify and lead complex tenders and non-tender pursuits, such as direct awards and proactive proposals with direct and indirect sales teams across our B2B business.
- Support the project team and Bid Managers (physical and/or virtual) and assisting with solution and strategy design whilst following customer timescales through internal and external best practice processes
- Support the delivery of winning propositions and ensure our response is of the highest quality and meets and exceeds customer expectations
What we give
With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We’ll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You’ll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Pay – Competitive salaries that are regularly benchmarked against similar roles and reviewed annually.
- Bonus – A discretionary bonus scheme that rewards you as you help us achieve our goals.
- Learning & Development – As a Company that encourages continuous learning you will always have resources and support available.
- Work & Home Life Balance – We support with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year, holiday purchase and a flexible working policy.
- Diversity – We are an organisation that delivers on a global scale, striving to create a diverse and empowered workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Health & Wellbeing – Free private healthcare, an Employee Assistance Programme, partnership with Mental Health First Aid UK with a network of mental health champions and discounted rates to Nuffield Health Gym.
- Employee discount – Up to 38% off products from our Canon store.
- Some other Benefits – Generous Pension, Canon Awards, Discount cards, Cycle to Work scheme, Season ticket loans and charity volunteer days.
What we ask
- Undertake the Bids and Proposal Coordinators apprenticeship scheme and the study requirements (15 months)
- Support the Bid Managers with the entire bid from start to finish with a strong drive for successful results
- Learn to understand the Bid Commercial Consultants role to ensure the response is commercially viable and must clearly articulate the financial benefits to the customer in the response document
- Help support the internal and external project teams and communicate with potential customers in a pre-bid engagement (capture planning) scenario to ensure we can positively influence tender requirements and prepare effectively
- Assist the project team post submission in the follow up process and on any presentations and post tender engagement that relates to the tender, up until contract award and internal handover.
- Work with the Bid Managers to understand and interpret the customer’s requirements. Translate this into a creative and customised response
- Assist the Bid Managers when dealing with the internal sales teams to develop and maintain an up-to-date pipeline in company systems
- Work with sales teams and executive sponsors to build retention plans for nominated Customer accounts
- Liaise with UK Business Units, Finance, Marketing, Commercial Operations, Business Operations, HR, EMEA Supporting Team, Global HQ Supporting Team
- Liaise with customers via email and portals
- Support the creation and management of internal content library systems
You will need
As the Bid and Proposal Coordinator, you will possess the following skills and expertise;
- Highly organised individual/effective time manager.
- Ability to compile a customer focussed, concise and compelling response.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment at maximum quality
- Assist subject matter experts with assistance with written content
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of methods at all levels throughout the business.
- Building productive working relationships with our internal & external customers and being professional in a customer-facing environment
Salary – £20,319
Location – Canon UK & Ireland, The Bower, 4 Roundwood Ave, Stockley Park, Uxbridge UB11 1AB
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s visionary, innovative and bold. As the world’s best imaging company, we’re living and working together for the common good.