Capital on Tap believes that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fastest growing companies in the UK (Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for the past 3 years) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2020 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
The BI Engineer is a business-side role responsible for expanding, maintaining and optimising our data delivery architecture, optimising data flow and managing our data platform from design through to on-going administration. You will be focused on giving seamless access to data throughout the organisation
The BI Engineer will support the end users of our data in all our platforms including Snowflake, Looker, various ETL tools, DBT and SQL Server. Our BI Analysts, data analysts and data scientists will receive optimal data delivery architecture consistently throughout ongoing projects. They are self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
With responsibility for all business side data infrastructure and delivery, this is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What you’ll be doing?
- Own the flow of data through Cloud Data Warehouse and component parts
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architectures.
- Ensure our data is always accurate, timely and consistent for our end users
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from and to a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Azure and Snowflake ‘big data’ technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Development teams to assist with data-related issues
- Keep our data efficient and consistent at a global level, maintaining our warehouse environments over multiple regions
- Create and manage tools for our team of analysts and data scientists that assist them in building and optimizing our product.
- Document the company’s data environment, constructing physical and logical diagrams (including data dictionaries)
What do we require?
- Expert SQL skills required
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience working with a Cloud Data Warehouse (we work with Snowflake)
- Experience with Python required
- Experience with ETL tools and components
- Familiarity with Scripting (powershell/TSQL etc) and source control experience is desirable
- Familiarity with Looker is preferable. (Any data analysis platform such as PowerBI, Tableau is acceptable)
- Familiarity with analytics workflow tool is required (DBT is our preferred option)
- Familiarity with Python is desirable
- Strong analytical skills – analysts will be your customer!
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.
What you get in return
We also try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a few office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travel card loan and/or cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast and snacks daily