ABOUT THIS JOB
A full-time associate operational role opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accountant, with solid knowledge of technology tools (SAP, Google, Microsoft Office) to join a growing finance team in a $200M size company with several legal entities, reporting directly to the financial controller. Nielsen is commercially and entrepreneurial-minded and offers a fast-paced and challenging environment that will drive you to progress and develop.
As a global provider of information and insights and the world’s largest information and measurement Company,
we believe in providing our clients with a precise understanding of the consumer is the key to making the right decisions — decisions that can lead to profitable growth.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, benefits package, and flexible working hours.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You’re looking for a career with room to grow. You’re an ambitious and open-minded individual who is eager to learn.
What is more, you have that passion and drive to develop your career within a truly international environment. You have a love relationship with numbers. With your critical and analytical thinking abilities, you can create opportunities to better our business. You’re ready to break ground on what’s next.
- Support the local controllership function and lead the local Operational Controlling team; provide financial oversight on the local business
- Ensure adequate performance and reporting on the following by leveraging both onshore and offshore resources:
- US-GAAP accounting/closing, accruals, and account reconciliations
- Financial closing and consolidation
- Procure-to-pay functions (invoice & payment processing, T&E, etc)
- Intercompany transactions and reconciliation
- Support compliance with all relevant global, regional or local policies, procedures and guidelines
- Support change locally with regard to standardization and simplification initiatives as governed by the Global or Regional COE core teams or by Finance leadership
- Assist in producing monthly closing dashboard, and quarterly and year-end reporting packs in accordance with corporate requirements for the local market
- Support Operational Controller to maintain internal controls and SOX documentation and ensure effective control environment through active coordination with the Group Controller and the Global and Regional COE core teams
- Support the Operational Controller during local internal audit and compliance review assignments, including any SOX or distributed audits
- Assist with the maintenance of local statutory accounts and ensure ongoing compliance to local regulation for the local legal entities
- Assist in the statutory and tax accounting and audit processes and act as the single point of contact for external auditors and/or tax and statutory authorities or consultants
You will be a part-qualified or fully qualified management accountant/controller professional with prior work experience within a multicultural finance environment
with some exposure to legal contracts; you must possess strong Excel, SAP ERP, interpersonal and communication skills whilst being able to work accurately under pressure.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
- Address John Smith Dr, Oxford OX4 2WB, United Kingdom
- Salary Offer 40.000