Assistant Investment Manager
Salary: Competitive with an excellent benefits package
Reference Number: VAC 1761
Please ensure that you quote reference VAC 1761 on all correspondence.
Rathbones provide individual investment and wealth management services for private clients, charities, trustees and professional partners. Our tradition of investing and acting responsibly has been with us from the beginning and continues to lead us forward. Rathbones have been in business since 1742 and are a FTSE 250 listed company.
Our ambition is to be recognised as the UK’s most responsible wealth manager and we see it as our responsibility to invest for everyone’s tomorrow. Looking beyond the short term for the most sustainable outcome. Thinking, acting and investing responsibly. In a reflection of our achievement so far, we were recognised as “ESG Champion of the Year” in the Investors’ Chronicle/Financial Times 2021 Celebration of Investment Awards.
The Assistant Investment Manager assists the Investment Management team in the care of client portfolios, ensuring that a high level of professional standards is maintained at all times. This is a regulated position. The Assistant Investment Manager demonstrates compliance with internal policies, procedures and regulatory framework.
Outcomes of the Role
- Assists in the management of client portfolios under supervision.
- Places deals on behalf of clients within permissible thresholds.
- Communicates with clients, explaining investment decisions, taking and carrying out investment instructions.
- Prepares STAR reports for non-discretionary clients where required.
- Maintains and develops good relationships with brokers, intermediaries, and other relevant organisations, carrying out desk research as necessary so that investment and technical knowledge is developed within the Investment Management team.
- Assists Investment Management team with company research, compiling literature and coordinating/attending research meetings, feeding back to the team where required.
- Reviews Investment Management team stock lists, identifying where singletons might be reduced.
- Proactive in engaging with clients and intermediaries, pre-empts issues and takes initiative to resolve. Manages discussions regarding client administration matters and supports investment discussions under supervision, whilst delivering a consistent Rathbones tone of voice and client experience.
- Identifies the need for, initiates and attends prospective and existing client meetings.
- Liaises with clients to gather relevant information to support client suitability process, preparing suitability reviews for new and existing clients.
- Has a full understanding of the client life cycle processes and is able to support the administration of these processes where required.
- Supports the management and coordination of the Annual Portfolio Review and Investment Admin data for the Investment team.
- Builds and maintains relationships with the Investment Management team and wider functions, taking responsibility for sharing knowledge and business updates with the immediate team and department as appropriate.
- Contributes to relevant company development by actively participating in projects and committees where required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a similar role in Financial Services, the Investment or Wealth Management industry
- Experience communicating with clients and intermediaries via different platforms
- Understanding of the products and services Rathbones provide
- Demonstrable interest in the investment industry and investment products, in particular ethical, sustainable and impact investments
- Remains up to date with industry developments, including new product, legislation and regulation
- Demonstrates understanding of portfolio theory and client requirements in order to make recommendations
- Demonstrates working knowledge of asset classes and the investment process, and is
- A 2.1 or above degree advantageous
- CISI Investment Advice Diploma Level 4 or CFA UK Investment Management Certificate Level 4
- Willing to undertake further professional qualifications in order to progress to an Investment Manager role
Rathbones promote a blended working approach and the role will be a mixture of home and office working.
To apply for this role, simply send your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this role, current remuneration and notice period to People Resource Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life at Rathbones
We aim to become an employer of choice for the wealth management sector, to achieve this we are working hard to build a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace that motivates, develops and embraces the strengths of all our colleagues. Being part of Rathbones means you will join a team of passionate professionals in a successful culture that cares for its people. At Rathbones, we provide meaningful work, opportunities, and a voice to all.
We are committed to building a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities and encourage applications from all backgrounds. We welcome individuals who share our values – those that are passionate about client service, operate with the highest levels of integrity and have a strong results focus.
Our Rewards & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive remuneration package, which is regularly reviewed. Other benefits include company pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, company share scheme, income protection, season ticket loans and a range of other voluntary benefits.
- Address Newcastle
- Salary Offer Competitive with an excellent benefits package
- Contact Email email@example.com