Persimmon Homes Essex has a vacancy for an Assistant Engineer or Graduate Engineer to join their successful and growing team. This role will be based in the regional office in Witham and the projects cover an area across Essex, South Hertfordshire and a few NE London Boroughs.
Who are we?
Building around 16,500 beautifully designed new homes a year in more than 380 prime locations nationwide; Persimmon is one of the UK’s leading house-builders, committed to the highest standards of design, construction and service. We believe our quality really differentiates us from the competition. In fact, our reputation is built on quality. We build quickly and efficiently and expect a lot from our office and site teams, however in turn we’ll reward you for your commitment and hard work and recognise your contribution to the business.
As an Assistant or Graduate Engineer you will be an integral part of the Technical department, reporting to the Engineering Manager and Head of Technical. They will support you and develop you in the way Persimmon operate and give you clear objectives. Your role as Assistant Engineer will be to support a number of housing developments through the delivery of cost effective engineering solutions. You will need to be adaptable and strong in your management approach with a consistent approach to managing external consultants.
The role will include:
- Assist the Engineering Manager in the production and review of engineering designs from pre-acquisition, planning through to detailed design.
- Review and check engineering designs produced internally and externally
- Challenge designs to ensure value engineering
- To provide support to ensure clearance of planning and building regulation conditions (drainage statements, FRA etc)
- Prepare drawings in AutoCad
- Carry out and complete street lighting designs with in-house software.
- Assist with the timely delivery of engineering information including civil, structural, provision
- Provide support to the whole team along with other depts..
- Assist with the monitoring of production to ensure timely Bond reduction and adoption, carry out site inspections, liaise with statutory bodies.
- To critique estate layouts to ensure workability
- Works licensing applications to include but not limited to S50, S104, S38, S278, S185, road space permits
If this sounds appealing to you we will require:
You to be qualified to degree level or equivalent or possibly still studying in a civil engineering or building-related discipline with some appreciation of volume residential projects. It’s not essential that you have worked for a house builder, we will consider someone who has worked for a local authority or from within a civil engineering consultancy.
What’s in it for you?
A competitive salary and benefits package including a pension, life insurance and a generous bonus. Above all an honest, driven approach which offers the chance to work with some great people!