We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the TransComms Operations Team as a Senior Application Support Engineer, responsible for supporting the Transactional Communications generated by the Customer Management System which underpins sales, service and fulfilment requests for Sky’s customers. This is a great opportunity for the right motivated individual to develop their knowledge in a fast-paced collaborative team.
What you’ll do:
- Provide support for Live business communication applications, ensuring that they are available at all times to support business users and external customers.
- Support the team with technical expertise, product knowledge and personal development.
- Prioritise and investigate incidents before determining appropriate actions to take.
- Facilitate recovery, following resolution of incidents.
Resolution may include: making modifications to application data, changing application code, developing workarounds/tactical fixes, changing operating procedures, escalating to internal supporting teams or 3rd party vendors.
- Develop constructive relationships with development teams to ensure relevant solutions are appropriate, requiring minimimal ongoing support.
- Identify and champion potential improvements to processes, ensuring risk controls and change processes are adhered to.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience working in an IT support or development role.
- Java development experience in order to investigate incidents and develop/advise appropriate solutions.
- A strong desire to further your knowledge in order to adapt to the ever-changing challenges facing technology.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- A proactive, positive attitude to deliver beyond stakeholders’ expectations.
- The ability to multi task under challenging and unexpected circumstances.
- Strong SQL skills.
Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support you as much as we can with flexible shift patterns.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
- Address Livingston, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive