At Yorkshire Building Society we pride ourselves on being a mutual organisation that places our customers at the heart of everything we do. As a result of this we continue to grow and strengthen our position as one of the most trusted financial services providers in the UK, providing real help with real lives.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Analyst within the Model Management and Development Capital and Credit function of the Balance Sheet Management department. In this role you will support the development, ongoing management and validation of the Credit Risk, IRB and IFRS 9 models used across the Society ensuring that they are fit for purpose and aligned with regulatory expectations.
This is a really exciting time to join our team. You will have the opportunity to really shape the role and be given the autonomy and responsibility to prove what you and the team really can do. Joining a growing business, this gives you the challenge and opportunity to make a real difference to our customers.
To help you get there we will offer you coaching and training to develop the technical and wider skills required to develop and shape a career in a changing and exciting business, where you can enjoy the exciting challenge as we transform to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be Your Brilliant Self.
What you’ll be doing
As a valued member of our modelling team, you will play a key role in supporting the development, management and testing of the Credit Risk, IRB and IFRS 9 models which are used and employed across the Society. This will include but not be limited to:
- Primary responsibility for producing and optimising model monitoring reports that ensure the models remain fit for purpose.
- Supporting management and other members of the team on model developments and other technical modelling related activity and requests.
- Use best practice statistical, analytical and modelling techniques to perform analysis of the Group’s lending portfolios, to enable strategic decision making by management.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Group’s databases, and be able to process, manipulate and interpret that data to support the above accountabilities.
- Develop an understanding of the credit risk lifecycle for both residential and buy-to-let mortgages and leverage that understanding to add value to all analysis.
- Develop sound working knowledge of what it means for the Society to be an Advanced IRB institution for capital management.
- Communicate results of analysis to management to a high standard, both written and verbally
The Knowledge & Skills you’ll have
- Educated to a least degree level preferably in Mathematics / Statistics / Finance or relevant analytical experience in current role.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in analytical projects or activities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in developing or validating models.
- Awareness of IRB and model components.
- Experience of data manipulation and a working knowledge of SAS (or similar statistical packages), SQL and Microsoft Excel.
- Address Broad Gate Offices, 1 Broad Gate, The Headrow, Leeds
- Salary Offer Up to £35k
- Contact Email email@example.com