We are looking for an experienced Advocate or Barrister to join our Regulatory team. You may be based in Southampton, Reading or Cardiff.
Our cross-office regulatory team has a national profile, providing advice and assistance in all areas of professional and criminal regulatory practice. The team comprises a versatile and dedicated team of partners, barristers, solicitors and paralegals, many of whom are regarded as leaders in their field. It is ranked Tier 1 in the Legal 500. We act for many of the country’s leading professional regulators in the healthcare, legal, education, social care and accountancy sectors.
Our client base continues to grow rapidly and in order to service an ever-increasing workload, we seek a barrister or solicitor with at least 3 years post qualification advocacy experience to undertake a mixed advocacy caseload.
More information about our Regulatory practice can be found here.
The work undertaken within our Regulatory team includes:
- Investigating and presenting professional conduct cases
- Acting for individual professionals in professional conduct cases
- Acting as legal advisors to professional regulators;
- Conducting criminal prosecutions on behalf of the Health and Safety Executive in the Magistrates’ and Crown Courts
- Defending criminal prosecutions brought by regulators and government agencies
You will be able to rely on support from team members across the firm. Our lawyer teams are also well supported by our Business Services Finance, HR, IT and Risk function.
We are currently working remotely and will adopt a hybrid-working approach beyond the current pandemic. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support and resources you require.
If you are applying to be Cardiff based, it is likely that you may be required to attend hearings based in Cardiff and North Wales. Therefore, you must be able to travel to hearings in Cardiff and North Wales as and when required.
Skills & Experience
Skills / Experience Required
- 3 years advocacy experience (including substantial trial experience), preferably in a regulatory environment
- Solid relevant technical expertise
- Collegiate and team-playing approach
- Relationship-driven and people oriented
- Confident and personable
- Able to place clients at ease and build rapport
- A team player – support others and is flexible
- Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
- Welsh speaker desirable for any Cardiff based Advocate
- Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
- Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
- Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
- 26 days’ annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks’ leave
- Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Profit share scheme
- Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
- Life assurance scheme
- Critical illness cover
- Cash Plan – claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan (Cardiff, London and Reading)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at leading retailers
- Volunteering leave
- Recruitment referral scheme
- Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones
Culture & Environment
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our “ACTS framework” that places high value on being:
It’s part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy.
- Address Cardiff, Southampton, Reading, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org