Administrator – Cash & Banking
Salary: Driven with an excellent benefits package
Reference Number: VAC 1799
Please ensure that you quote reference VAC 1799 on all correspondence.
Rathbones provide individual investment and wealth management services for private clients, charities, trustees and professional partners. Our tradition of investing and acting responsibly has been with us from the beginning and continues to lead us forward. Rathbones have been in business since 1742 and are a FTSE 250 listed company.
Our ambition is to be recognised as the UK’s most responsible wealth manager, and we see it as our responsibility to invest for everyone’s tomorrow. Looking beyond the short term for the most sustainable outcome. Thinking, acting and investing responsibly. In a reflection of our achievement so far, we were recognised as “ESG Champion of the Year” in the Investors’ Chronicle/Financial Times 2021 Celebration of Investment Awards
- Delivery of service excellence
- Protection of client assets
- Aligned with regulatory requirements and company policies
- Positive contribution to your teams new and existing initiatives
Outcomes of the Role
- Provide a professional and reliable service for clients, investment managers, advisers, and product providers.
- Ensure you are adhering to the teams current SLAs and to all regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for administrative tasks within the team in line with the team’s procedures manual.
- Be aware of CASS related processes relevant to your team and that you raise any issues to your manager.
- Ensure that you are actively participating in the 4+1 habits from Lean methodology. These include dynamic Visual management boards, appropriate team meeting involvement, continuous improvement through identification and resolution of issues, and standard operating procedures.
- Be responsible for your own personal development, keeping tabs on industry standards, regulatory changes as well as understanding your own training needs.
- Support the continuous improvement across the team leading to enhancements in efficiency and clients and customer experience (CX/UX).
- Assist in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of new and existing IT systems which you operate.
- Build and manage relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Ensure that you are operating within the Group data governance framework and that data quality and integrity is maintained.
- Be aware of the conduct rules and act with integrity.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Working Relationships
To actively build constructive relationships with external business parties and other members of staff, (supervisor, manager, colleagues), providing support for other team members. Share and develop ideas, listen and consult with colleagues. To build and maintain a professional service to meet the needs of our clients and the expectations of our external contacts.
2. Communication Skills
To communicate, both verbally and through the written word, in an effective and positive manner, adopting a flexible and adaptable approach.
3. Corporate and Cross Functional Awareness
To have an understanding of the professional and personal services, offered by Rathbones, to our clients. Develop and maintain an awareness of the organisational structure and goals. Demonstrate an understanding of the work of other departments in the organisation and how they inter-relate. Relate own work to that of other departments in the organisation.
To understand and align with the requirements of our regulators, as they impact upon the business.
5. Technical Expertise
To demonstrate detailed job knowledge and expertise in own area and capably answer technical questions from clients or colleagues.
6. Analytical Thinking
To be able to deal with data quickly and accurately and relate and compare data from difference sources recognising trends, identifying key issues and securing relevant information.
7. Attention to Detail and Quality
To regularly check work, ensuring all details are correct in order to maintain a high level of accuracy and a low level of errors within agreed deadline.
8. Time Management
To be able to plan and manage time effectively, allocating realistic timescales in order to achieve and meet deadlines. Remain objective under pressure and continue to work productively and in a focussed way taking into account budgets and commercial restraints.
9. Procedures and Processes
To demonstrate a methodical and consistent approach toward work and build systematic work processes into activities and tasks. Follow company policy and adhere to recommended working practices.
10. Professional Development
To take ownership for continuing one’s own professional development as well as that of my teams.
To adapt to change positively and be able to recognise and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities actively make the most of opportunities provided by change.
Rathbones promote a blended working approach, and the role will be a mixture of home and office working.
To apply for this role, simply send your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this role, current remuneration and notice period to People Resource Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life at Rathbones
We aim to become an employer of choice for the wealth management sector, to achieve this we are working hard to build a diverse, equal, and expansive workplace that motivates, develops and accepts the strengths of all our colleagues. Being part of Rathbones means you will join a team of passionate professionals in a successful culture that cares for its people. At Rathbones, we provide significant work, opportunities, and a voice to all.
We are committed to establishing a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities and encourage applications from all backgrounds. We welcome individuals who share our values – those that are passionate about client service, operate with the highest levels of integrity and have a strong result focus.
Our Rewards & Benefits
We offer a comprehensive remuneration package, which is regularly reviewed. Other benefits include company pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, company share scheme, income protection, season ticket loans and a range of other voluntary benefits.
- Address Liverpool
- Salary Offer Competitive with an excellent benefits package
- Contact Email email@example.com