Here at Direct Line Group Auto Services, we genuinely care about what we do and strive to provide a phenomenal quality of service for our customers.
We know that our customer’s vehicles make getting from A to B that much easier, whether it’s to do the weekly shop, the school run or to get things delivered, it’s all important. We are proud that in 2018 we helped over 86,000 customers get back on the road quickly, smoothly and safely and we’re on track to help 92,000 customers this year.
What we’re looking for:
The future is ambitious now the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every single day, which is really helping us re-shape vehicle repair industry. That’s why we’re excited to be growing our teams and looking for people to join us as either a;
- MET (Mechanical, Electrical and Trim) Technician
All roles are at the heart of our Auto Services business and you’ll need be enthusiastic, upbeat and committed to delivering the best repair service.
As you can imagine Health and Safety and working to industry standards is essential to us. We always ensure our teams and customers safety at each stage of the repair process, ensure tasks are carried out in compliance with Health and Safety as well as in line with Audatex estimates, adhering to DLGAS ways of working and BS10125 procedures.
As a MET Technician we want you to bring your previous experience, skills and knowledge to the team. You’ll need to demonstrate your experience in stripping, refurbishing and fitting a wide variety of vehicles, as well as working to tight deadlines to meet our customer’s needs.
What you’ll be doing:
You will work within your department and wider technician teams to deliver planned output as directed by your business area and people manager. Embrace the need for constant development and growth in DLGAS technical awareness and ability to future proof our business, delivering this through role modelling and by living the company values.
- Ensure you understand your performance targets and accountabilities. Give to the performance and development framework to agree clear and stretching expectations for yourself within your team. Regularly discuss progress against all aspects of your performance including values, development, coaching, recognising success and addressing shortfalls.
- Contribute to a proactive resource plan by working within budgeted annual leave and attendance.
- Contribute to a culture where diversity and difference are accepted and embraced in line with our Bring All of Yourself to work value.
Deliver an effortless customer experience; supply to a customer focused culture that will support the delivery of our customer measures of speed, quality and ease.
- Positively influence the workshop vehicle throughput duration (estimated to WS complete) by managing your own and contributing to team, productivity and attendance targets.
- Facilitate an effortless customer experience by delivering quality and timely repairs to your departmental team leader.
Repair Volume – Deliver right first-time high-quality repairs in line with business targets and claim volumes.
- Producing quality work in line with planned output by your team leader.
- Assist in areas of the business where your training and experience allow you to do so.
Finance – Contribute to the delivery of finance and commercial targets of the production workshop.
- Workshop – achieve; parts cost/ paint / consumables through controlled daily usage, calling out issues to your team leader.
- OPEX – Drive quality on a right first-time basis to minimise impact on rectification spend and courtesy car usage, fleet and non-fleet
You will already have previous experience in vehicle diagnostics and mechanical repair
Who you’ll be working with:
We know you’ve heard this all before, but the culture here at DLG really is something else. We embrace our individuality – you’ll see it in the way that we think and work, it’s all about ensuring you can enjoy making a contribution, have some fun and be yourself in every aspect. We encourage each other to be the best we can be: no opinion goes unheard, no achievement goes unrecognised, and no idea goes unknown – we even reward you for them! We encourage our people to work together, aim higher and to be the best they can be – for customers, colleagues and the business. It’s an indefinable “DLGness” that makes us who we are, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
You will be working as part of a team of technicians reporting directly to the workshop/repair controller and you will be part of the wider site team.
What we’ll give you:
Rewarding you is important to us, that’s why we’ll recognise your hard work and support you give our customers every step of the way with a very competitive salary and an industry leading reward package
Our teams are always supporting their local communities and love getting involved in charity events and family days.
Closing Date: undisclosed