The Calico Group is a values led company who through an integrated approach, using our specialist knowledge and expertise, will work collaboratively with our customers, providing outstanding and innovative services to enable us to find the best possible outcomes, ensuring the future success of the Calico Group. Group Business Services, along with all other parts of the Group, have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group, to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Each part of the Calico Group has its own specialism and expertise but the “One Calico” vision is to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer and looking for new talent. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
What you will be doing
As an accountancy Support Officer within the Calico Group Corporate Finance Team, you will provide administrative and accountancy support within the Corporate Finance Team and support other teams within the Group.
Your role will involve administration of the cashbooks, downloads of bank statements and updating transactions on the Group’s finance systems. Bank reconciliations and administration of the company credit and debit cards as a key part of the role. Strong relationships with the wider Finance Team as well as the Group Business Service teams are essential. As part of the Corporate Finance Team you will support the delivery of the finance vision.
Regular duties will include
- Daily download of bank statements and updates to the cashbook system
- Cashbook administration including posting of journals, importing rent charges and matching cashbook and bank transactions
- Upload of bank transactions to customers’ accounts daily
- Production of monthly bank reconciliations for all company bank accounts within timescales with any differences investigated and accounted for
- Maintain and update cashflow forecasts on spreadsheets
- Administration of company credit and debit cards
- Administration of the company insurance policy claims including the provision of information to the insurers
We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record in a similar financial administration role who has excellent attention to detail, good communication skills and is highly organised. You will be joining an exciting, busy team who recognises hard work and understand how important being a close-knit team brings achievement and opportunities.
Your hours of work would be 36.25 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
The salary for this role is dependent on experience up to a maximum of £23,846.
What you will get in return
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays + 3 days for Christmas closure
- Generous occupational pay schemes
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for Calico Homes and the Calico Group, too many to mention! Calico has a reputation both locally and nationally as an employer of choice, ranked 25th in the “Inclusive top 50 UK Employees list” – an achievement we are exceptionally proud of. But in case you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/
What you will need to be a success
- Accountancy Qualification such as the Association of Accounting Technicians (or working towards) / Qualified by Experience
- GCSE passes in three subjects at grade C or equivalent, including Maths and English language
- Experience of financial administration and routine accountancy working in a similar role
- Experience in using financial accounting systems including spreadsheets
- Experience cash flow monitoring and credit control/debt management
- A passion for providing exceptional customer service
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Microsoft Office proficient with good Excel skills
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Keen level of attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work loads
Ready to Apply?
If you think you have everything we’re looking for, then we’d love to hear from you.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND DETAILS ON HOW TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT THE CALICO WEBSITE.
Interviews will take place week commencing 9th November 2020