- United Kingdom
- Bristol, Avon
- Specialist/ Professional
- Full-time Fixed Term
Job Purpose and Summary
Canon UK are looking for an Account Manager (18 month FTC/secondment) who can drive sales growth in assigned new prospects and nominated accounts, using refined sales and pipeline management techniques. Accounts will be Public Sector, with a mix of all verticals, Health, Education Local Government and Blue Light.
Increase the amount of new business within the defined areas and maintain existing customer installations to a high account management standard.
Working closely with Marketing functions to create campaigns and targeted propositions to ensure relevance of Canon to the end user.
Collaborate with other Canon business groups such as Pro Print and Wide Format to maximise the Canon portfolio within your accounts.
What we give
With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We’ll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You’ll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Pay – circa £60,000 OTE
- Bonus – A discretionary bonus scheme that rewards you as you help us achieve our goals.
- Learning & Development – As a Company that encourages continuous learning you will always have resources and support available.
- Work & Home Life Balance – We support with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year, holiday purchase and a flexible working policy.
- Diversity – We are an organisation that delivers on a global scale, striving to create a diverse and empowered workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Health & Wellbeing – Free private healthcare, an Employee Assistance Programme, partnership with Mental Health First Aid UK with a network of mental health champions and discounted rates to Nuffield Health Gym.
- Employee discount – Up to 38% off products from our Canon store.
- Some other Benefits – Generous Pension, Canon Awards, Discount cards, Cycle to Work scheme, Season ticket loans and charity volunteer days
What we ask
Need to deliver budgets and targets as defined, using your refined sales skills
To engage across multiple levels and roles within the target accounts, and ensure Canon are positioned in any potential bids or opportunities. Manage engagement so that any opportunity would pass a Canon Pathways Go/No-Go call
Accountable for influencing pricing decision within the target accounts, based on knowledge, pre-engagement and clear roadmap of “path to profit”
Maintain accurate record of past and future activities, contacts and any relevant information within Salesforce.com
Provide accurate forecasting and strong opportunity/pipeline management in SFDC
You’ll be involved in the design of the pre-tender strategies and actions to win targeted accounts and ensure that all activities within the accounts are captured and recorded with the tools provided. Working towards a sales plan you’ll direct the activities required to meet SLA’s or stated contractual objectives of customers
Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within their team.
Your career development is important at Canon and we encourage you to own your career with the support and guidance of your Manager
You will need
- Comfortable in a mix of new business and account management
- You’ll be confident at building and creating customer value.
- A strong desire to drive results and develop themselves.
- High level of integrity and customer focus to ensure long term commitment
Salary – £32,090 to £33,872, OTE £27,000 (plus car allowance)
Location – South – South West
Canon is an equal opportunity employer. Canon recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status or other protected status as required by law.
At Canon we have a clear vision: to be committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable culture where employees are valued and can thrive personally and professionally.
Canon also has a strong commitment to sustainability, encompassed by our Kyosei philosophy of living and working together for the common good, focused on reducing our environmental impact and creating opportunities to make positive social contribution.