- United Kingdom
- London, London
- Specialist/ Professional
- Full-time Permanent
Job Purpose and Summary
The role is to develop business opportunities, through focused and strategic new business account activity and cross selling the Canon portfolio of products and solutions to gain new client accounts. Working to agreed targets you will use your planning and forecasting skills to accurately generate and maintain a sales pipeline.
Through building excellent internal and external customer relationships, managing resources and being a strong ambassador for Canon from order to delivery, you will have all of the resources available to you to be successful & financially rewarded on your sales successes.
Our Account Manager joins a super team that is obsessed with providing a first-class, over target sales performance. We need you to have the ability to do right by the customer and drive a stellar sales performance for yourself and your team.
When we recently asked our customers what they loved most about Canon, they chose the people. We’re building a business driven by great people interactions, and as an Account Manager you’d be in the front seat.
Too often, we hear about sales teams that are stuck out on an island, separated from the rest of the organisation. That isn’t going to fly with us. We lean heavily on people to keep others in the loop. We also work in tight quarters, so that experience and expertise can more easily flow between team members. Everyone gets the support they need to enable the performance the business requires.
We are seeking those who are driven to meet and exceed their personal targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and are strategic in their approach to selling value propositions including products, solutions and professional services to prospects and customers within a specified territory. You will also be driven to create and implement Customer Account Plans in line with market and target, utilising relevant sales methodology
What we give
With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We’ll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You’ll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Pay – OTE circa £60,000
- Bonus – A discretionary bonus scheme that rewards you as you help us achieve our goals.
- Learning & Development – As a Company that encourages continuous learning you will always have resources and support available.
- Work & Home Life Balance – We support with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year, holiday purchase and a flexible working policy.
- Diversity – We are an organisation that delivers on a global scale, striving to create a diverse and empowered workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Health & Wellbeing – Free private healthcare, an Employee Assistance Programme, partnership with Mental Health First Aid UK with a network of mental health champions and discounted rates to Nuffield Health Gym.
- Employee discount – Up to 38% off products from our Canon store.
- Some other Benefits – Generous Pension, Canon Awards, Discount cards, Cycle to Work scheme, Season ticket loans and charity volunteer days.
What we ask
Be passionate in selling solutions, a problem solver, a rapport builder and have a desire to succeed
Be focused on the customer, understand how technology works and its potential
Be articulate, a networker, of a confident nature and social media savvy.
Our type of sale will never be easy. Smart, driven and passionate people will help distribute the load. New ways to educate customers on new ways of working will never be easy but we want the right people to continue our growth.
That’s why our Account Managers are so important. They handle our sales performance and customer experience with a perfect harmony of skill and smiles
You will need
- Proven track record in achieving sales budgets and targets, you will have the abilities to deliver high quality against tight deadlines.
- Your communication skills will be excellent with strong oral and written communication, as well as effective relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Good IT skills – Excel, Microsoft Office
- Capable of working on your own initiative as well as within a team, you will share best practice and develop innovative ways of working.
- Full clean driving license
Salary – £32,090 to £33,872, OTE +£27,000
Location – Hybrid working, utilising the London and Uxbridge offices and covering the Greater London area
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s visionary, innovative and bold. As the world’s best imaging company, we’re living and working together for the common good.