This role is avilable as a fully remote contract, candidates should be based in the UK.
You would be joining us on a journey to transform to cloud and cloud native services, to meet our ambitious growth strategy and power our relentless focus on our 4C’s culture focusing on Customer, Community, Colleagues, Company. We want to deliver simple and straight forward journeys for our customers through technology and by doing the right thing.
Cloud technologies and agile working practices are pivotal to Hastings technology transformation journey. In the Cloud Engineering team, we are passionate about creating new services that transform colleague and customer experience. Hastings Direct technology, culture and approach is changing to embrace true engineering and cloud first principles. We are looking for an experienced and passionate Modern Workplace Cloud Engineer to join our growing team to deliver a strategic cloud platform on Azure.
What will you do?
- Design, develop and deliver cloud features and functionality to deliver a strategic platform leveraging Azure, Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Managed Desktop.
- Use agile working practices to collaborate across engineering disciplines and with strategic partners to release enterprise class cloud services.
- Engage with technology partners and their engineering teams on preview technologies to help shape products that will improve the services we provide to colleagues and customers.
- Be a dedicated project resource driving the development of the right cloud solutions to meet the Hastings strategy.
- Work collaboratively with architecture, security engineering and operational teams to define and deliver cloud solutions.
- Create modern workplace solutions to increase productivity, reduce operational costs and simplify how we work with colleagues, customers and third parties.
- Drive continuous improvements to ensure we operate an evergreen platform.
- Reduce toil through automation and the provision of new cloud features and services.
What experience do you need?
- Experience of Microsoft 365 technologies specifically in the following areas:- Azure AD based security including experience creating and designing Conditional Access policies, Identity Protection configuration and External Collaboration (B2B) settings.
- Management of Windows 10/11 endpoints using a cloud first approach leveraging Windows AutoPilot, native Azure Active Directory join and Endpoint Manager through MDM enrolment.
- Management of personally owned mobile devices (iOS and Android) using Endpoint Manager through Mobile Application Management.
- Configuration of Microsoft 365 collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Exchange Online and OneDrive for Business.
- Provision and management of Azure Virtual Desktop through automation.
- Strong scripting ability in languages such as PowerShell, Bicep, YAML.
- Passion for cloud and a demonstrable growth mindset with the ability constantly learn and develop.
- Experience with Git and source control best practice.
- Strong background working in infrastructure.
- Working in cross functional teams with architectural, business and other engineering functions to shape, design and build solutions.
- Good understanding of security best practices
What we will give you;
This a real opportunity to make the role your own, whilst making a difference in a fast-paced, flexible and delivery focussed environment.
Some of the great benefits we will give you;
- Highly competitive basic salary
- £5k car allowance
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- 27 days holiday and bank holidays (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Cover
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.