Job title: Web Editor
Location: Home based/ Battle Bridge, London
Full time: 22.5 /three days a week
Salary: £30,000-35,000 pro rata
Closing date 31st of August
A bit about us
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
About job area
This is a great part time opportunity to work with a supportive and friendly Health Content Team. You will work closely with the Lead Editor across digital to ensure the health information section on Bupa.co.uk is up to date, digitally optimised and meets our high standards. Do you want to be part of our long-term plans? At Bupa we have a range of roles spread across many areas for you to choose from.
From global teams to developing our activity within the UK, all of our professional roles play a key role in delivering on our purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
What you’ll be doing
As a Web Editor you will be supporting the team in using the CMS, designing and creating new areas to house ‘hubs’ of content, and supporting on digital projects. In addition, the Web Editor will be responsible for pulling monthly analytics and disseminating them to the team and key stakeholders.
What’s a typical day?
- Editing and publishing digital content using the Bupa content management system (Sitecore), including optimising for search and user experience.
- Ensuring our pages and content meet strict internal and external standards, using the Crownpeak tool.
- Tracking and reporting on digital content related metrics from health information platforms.
- Working on digital content projects to build new pages and hubs, ensuring they work to effectively deliver health information to our audience.
- Supporting the team with editing, uploads and training.
Who we’re looking for?
- Experience in a digital role either freelance, agency or a large organisation, ideally in healthcare.
- Demonstrable HTML, CMS and Sitecore knowledge, experience of Crownpeak is advantageous
- Experience and skill in the digital delivery of content, SEO best practice and content management systems.
- Proficient at Google and Adobe web analytics, reporting and analysis.
- Experience and knowledge of producing high-quality web content that adheres to robust external standards.
- Confident and self-motivated to work independently, but also comfortable working as part of a team
- Creative thinking and the ability to contribute ideas for the development of health content across a wide range of online and offline platforms.
Why join Bupa?
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. Your health and wellbeing matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com