NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
Reporting to the Test Manager this role is responsible for the successful completion of testing system requirements, system design proposals and system change requests. The role holder will represent NATS as the domain technical expert and provide testing support for in-service systems.
The job holder will be responsible for carrying out project/programme test activities, integration of systems, test work package management and transition of services.
The accountabilities covered by the above are summarised below:
- Accountable for testing activities to ensure conformance to the requirements and whether the system satisfies its intended use and user / customer needs.
- Provide specialist advice and consultancy to other areas of NATS and external system suppliers.
- Delivery of related technical documentation as agreed within the work packages.
- Carrying out system lifecycle activities for a number of package items.
Expected to work unsupervised, on one or more assigned Test Tasks, following the Test Process to ensure they are delivered to the agreed quality, cost and time.
Responsible for delegating and supervising human resources under their control in order to achieve project goals.
Analyse requirements to determine optimum test solutions and produce accurate test specifications for assigned tasks.
Qualifications and Skills
- The job holder is expected to hold, as a minimum, an HNC (or an equivalent qualification) in an Engineering related discipline and have relevant engineering experience
- Proven experience in the engineering aspects of large real time systems, preferably in safety related environments and / or Air Traffic Management Systems (ATM).
- The job holder should have a good working knowledge of the Engineering Product Development Lifecycle and the test process.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and are able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- The ability to support, coach, motivate and develop members of the team to maximise their contribution
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support, and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
We have adopted agile working to provide greater flexibility and increased choice over working arrangements, with the opportunity for this role to work in our modern office facilities as well as remotely. We also welcome discussions on flexible and part-time working arrangements. Find out more here.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.