As a Video News reporter – Royal you will cover all news relating to the British Royal Family and European royals for Express.co.uk ensuring it’s as engaging as it can be. You will use your contacts to pull in exclusive interviews and news stories for the website that will engage our readers and make them come back for more.
You will also push digital content via Facebook and Twitter to optimise stories in accordance with the digital SEO strategy, as well as monitor news wires and social media for content and breaking news.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Use video, photos and words to tell compelling stories about the royal family.
- Find and tell stories which engages as many readers as possible, or storieswhich will be of interest to loyal royal enthusiasts.
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories.
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor’s Code of practice.
- Act up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business.
- Uphold Reach’s policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish.
Who are we looking for?
- You will be a qualified journalist, ideally with some experience at a regional or national publication. You are passionate about delivering a wide range of engaging royal news stories and will understand what works for a digital audience and deliver content to prove this.
- You must have sound legal knowledge, with first-class editing, writing, and subbing skills. You will relish the daily challenge of working under pressure and to tight deadlines. Any journalist will understand the requirement of flexibility, and this role will require five weekly shifts, including weekends.
- You will be social media savvy with current SEO knowledge and have a passion for royalty, bringing a unique flair to your stories to keep the audience informed on the latest news about the Firm.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.