Vehicle Underwriting and Pricing Manager
Our vision is to become the best and biggest digital insurer, and as we continue to grow through the power of data and digital trends were looking for a vehicle obsessed leader to evolve our underwriting capability and footprint.
Reporting directly into our Head of Motor Underwriting, this is a rare and exciting opportunity to make a real difference for our customers. Creating and delivering a bold strategy for new vehicle grouping, acceptance and future performance.
Collaborating with some of the sharpest minds in the industry to deliver profit and growth, developing risk pricing models specifically for vehicles within the market that will advance our underwriting, pricing & commercial capabilities.
How you will make a difference:
- You will own our private car, commercial vehicle and motorcycle risk pricing approach for new and existing vehicles
- Partnering with our in house underwriter, Advantage on the performance of vehicles highlighting any areas of risk or commercial opportunity
- The strategist in the area of vehicles and emerging vehicle tech trends
- Developing & delivering new insight, including the integration of new data, new analytical techniques and new ways of underwriting and pricing vehicles
- Keep up to date with product knowledge through new vehicle research, including manufacturer events
Based at or our Bexhill Group Head office down by the sea, with flexible home working included.
Skills and experience
As a leading insurer, this role is critical to our underwriting and commercial success, it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a hands-on approach is key.
You will have a strong understanding of the motor insurance market, underwriting principles and experience in leading high performing teams.
We would like you to be passionate about sharing your ideas to engage and enthuse some of our most senior stakeholders on our journey, so excellent communication skills is important.
Benefits for you
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5K car allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.