Blake Morgan is one of the UK’s leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
We are looking for an Administrator/Paralegal to join the Property Group South business group who deal with a wide range of real estate projects including commercial and residential development, property investment and asset management, corporate occupier work and rural and agriculture. The successful candidate will have proven excellent communication and organisational skills required to assist the solicitors in the group, and support the team leader.
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to assigned fee earners, including timely dealing with dictations (if any) in order of priority and/or emails, notes and other instructions given from assigned fee earners.
- Assist and work cooperatively with other administrators to provide support to other/non-assigned fee earners as appropriate.
- Prompt administration and management of files including:
- opening files – running conflict checks, obtaining AML documents, creating the e-file and all relevant sub-files;
- initial conduct of matters – preparing template letters of engagement and terms of business (if client-specific, check LSA and populate rates/fee estimate for the fee earner’s to check/confirm); order searches and manage the timely return of the same; order title, plans and copy documents from LR; as appropriate, save down relevant precedent documents into the e-file;
- ongoing conduct of matters – timely deal with queries raised by search providers, draft and prepare LR and SDLT documents, updating reports accordingly;
- closing files – organising deeds/documents and accounts/billing (see below), archiving.
- Organisation of documents including printing and bundling of documents and engrossments, scanning and organising e-files, timely sending counterparts to relevant parties and/or uploading to relevant client extranets, creating deeds packets.
- Accounts/billing responsibilities including dealing with accounts on receipts for monies in and out in accordance with our regulatory requirements, preparing WIP reports, allocating disbursements to matters, preparing draft bills for fee earners’ approval, managing bill issuance process.
- Collating, analysing and reporting of data as required by fee earners/clients.
- Conference and meeting arrangements, diary management – includes diarising LR requisition response dates, SDLT filing dates, etc.
- Other ad hoc duties as required by fee earners
Skills & Experience
- Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
- IT literate and ability to adapt to new technologies and systems
- Intermediate in use of Word, Outlook and Excel
- Good working knowledge of Peppermint and DMS
- Excellent communication skills are essential (oral and written)
- Ability to work productively with Partners and staff across the team
- Able to engage fully with our clients and other professional and organisation contacts to provide an excellent service
- Awareness of GDPR and other regulatory requirements in order to achieve compliance
- Highly numerate
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Willing to learn and improve skills
- A team player
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptable, flexible and ability to multi-task
Closing Date: Undisclosed