Clinical Unit Manager
Abbotsleigh Mews Care Home, Old Farm Road East, Sidcup, DA15 8AY
This is leading a team. At Bupa Care Homes, it’s our privilege to care for people – treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. To do this, we need to support and champion our teams to make a positive difference, that’s why we’re looking for Clinical Unit Manager to lead our team at Abbotsleigh Mews care home in Sidcup.
Working hours and salary
- Up to £40,840 annual salary dependent on experience, skills and capability
- Combination of long and short shifts over 5 days (May sometimes include out of hours work too)
- Full time – 42 hours per week
What your typical day involves
- Whether you’re taking charge of a unit or a floor, you’ll promote our resident’s independence, choice and dignity by ensuring that the team provide the highest standards of care at all times
- With the help of your team, you’ll assess each resident’s wellbeing – making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met – always maintaining accurate records
- Delivering clinical guidance to your team, you’ll lead by example; motivating and mentoring the team to ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the care home
- You’ll build lasting relationships with the residents and the people they care about, as well as caring about the home itself – fostering a sense of community
- Creating and developing strong relationships with local partners, you will liaise with these partners, playing an important role in raising the care home’s profile in the local area and beyond
Who we’re looking for
- A Registered Nurse with a valid NMC pin and a genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development
- You’re passionate about caring for the elderly and infirm and have a flair for helping people maintain their independence, choice and dignity
- An effective communicator who’s able to build strong and honest relationships with residents and their families
- Someone who’s ready to use their clinical experience to lead, motivate and mentor a team – who’s able to delegate effectively and promote excellent customer service and relationships.
- A respectful and compassionate team player with the belief in giving your personal best.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to the Bupa Nurse fellowship; joining a global community with scholarships up to £10,000, mentoring programmes, webinars, lectures and events.
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NMC annual pin payment reimbursed
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
Less than a 10 minute walk from Sidcup train station, Abbotsleigh Mews sits in a leafy suburb and offers residential and nursing care along with specialist dementia care. With a real family feel, this home provides person centred care, championing dignity and independence and encourages our residents to contribute to the running of the home.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.