London – 1 Angel Court (near Bank of England)
£40,000 – £45,000 base salary (depending on experience)
35 hours p/week
Closing date: 3rd July 2020
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. The Treasury Accountant is a key role at Bupa, ensuring we deliver on our purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
About the area you’ll be working in…
From Finance and IT, to Marketing and People (HR) our support functions are the backbone of our Global operations. As the Treasury Accountant, you will work closely with senior management in a close-nit team, supporting Bupa Group Finance.
What you’ll be doing…
As the Treasury Accountant, you will enjoy a varied role, including monthly accounting, forecasting & management reporting, statutory reporting and ad hoc projects.
What’s a typical day?
- Recording transactions by Bupa treasury companies on Treasury Management System
- Prepare monthly management accounts & reconcile on system
- Produce month-end Treasury management system reports
- Forecasting & reviewing financial income, expenses & funding
- Commentary for financial income & expense versus Bupa strategic plans -explain variances
- Support production of financial statements for treasury companies
- Manage Bupa Group’s intercompany balance netting cycle
Who we’re looking for?
- Part-qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Ideally, working towards holding further Treasury qualifications (AMCT).
- Technical accounting experience – Treasury experience will be an advantage
- Treasury products & instruments knowledge
- Ability to ‘investigate’ financial data
What’s it like to work here?
We want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and well-being, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/professional/