Traffic Management Operative
When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you’ll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come join a high-performing team doing complex and critical work. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, you will be required to carry out deployment of traffic signals and associated equipment. Additional duties may include switch-offs of traffic signal equipment.
What you’ll do:
- Deploying Traffic Management equipment on both planned and reactive maintenance works
- Basic sign repairs on site
- Battery switch-outs
- Permanent traffic signal switch-offs
- Providing onsite assistance to the traffic equipment installation teams
- Loading and unloading traffic management equipment onto Telent vehicles
- Basic housekeeping on and off site.
Who you are:
You will have 12A /12B tickets working in a Highways/Roads environment along with knowledge previous experience within a similar role and be proficient in a range of technical processes or procedures, through job-related training and work experience. Strong communication skills alongside a customer focused attitude are essential.
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Good attitude towards working under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Basic mechanical / electrical knowledge
- NHSS 12A/B / LANTRA card / M1, M2, M5 tickets
- Previous or current experience of working on Highways / Roads.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- Commercial Vehicle
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: