Traffic Installation Technician
Do you enjoy working with a down to earth, supportive team but at the same time be relied on to use your own initiative to find solutions to problem out in the field? Our Field teams are critical in the delivery of our contracts, whether that is delivering or supervising maintenance, installation, cabling or civils works. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
We are currently seeking a Traffic Installation Technician to join our Traffic team due to huge growth and demand of our services. The role will involve installations and maintenance works of Traffic Signals and equipment, from cabling / cable pulling to working at heights and installing traffic signal heads / traffic lights at various locations.
What you’ll do:
- Carry out Installation / Maintenance work following Company Method Statements and Risk Assessment’s
- Will report all accidents / incidents to Line Manager via telSAFE.
- Carry out Installation of Traffic and associated Traffic Signal equipment
- Testing of Traffic and Traffic Signal equipment
- Carry out maintenance works of Traffic and Traffic Signal equipment
- Install wire cables / cabling of traffic top caps and controllers to agreed specifications
- Attend Team briefing calls / Toolbox talks as required
- Ensure testing equipment, PPE and company vehicle are all compliant with up-to-date certification as required.
Who you are:
You will have previous experience of working as a Field Engineer within the Traffic Signalling / Traffic Installations / Traffic Maintenance disciplines. Electrical knowledge and Traffic Signal knowledge would be advantageous in this role however further training in this area is provided.
- PC Literate/IT proficient
- Full Driving Licence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to act under pressure and provide good customer service.
The additional benefits with this role:
- Commercial Vehicle
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: