When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you’ll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come join a high-performing team doing complex and critical work. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, you will be required to carry out maintenance of traffic signals and associated equipment. Additional duties may include commissioning of traffic signal equipment.
What you’ll do:
- Follow site specifications for quality and accuracy
- Be aware of safety at work and be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising them wherever possible by following all Health and Safety Procedures
- Applies experience and skills to complete assigned work within own area of expertise
- Works within standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Carry out planned periodic inspections
- Attend reactive faults as required by the contract
- Interrogate all types of traffic controllers and carry out fault analysis under supervision of Senior Traffic Engineers
- Complete maintenance in line with agreed schedules and SLA’s.
Who you are:
You will have previous experience within a similar role and be proficient in a range of technical processes or procedures, through job-related training and work experience. Strong communication skills alongside a customer focused attitude are essential.
- Basic electrical knowledge or equivalent experience in electrical engineering
- Fully accredited sector 8
- Full Driving Licence.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- Commercial Vehicle
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: