Are you looking for a role within a dynamic and colleague centric business? If you’re a clear and confident communicator with strong negotiation skills and thrive in a target driven environment then look no further!
We’re looking for Third Party Claims Representatives (known as Capture/Intervention internally) to join either our Bexhill or Leicester office on a full time basis. If you do live further afield then we are able to offer flexible working with 3-4 days working from home – other arrangements can be discussed upon application.
Please note: Our opening hours for our Claims department do include weekends, to ensure we can always help our customers when they need us the most, so expect your shift pattern to include these.
The Third Party Intervention team is responsible for providing vehicle and repair solutions to third parties following an accident when our policyholder is at fault. You will proactively manage the third party claim and contribute to the control of the hire and repair spend. The role requires managing and controlling this spend through robust negotiation and investigation and the provision of services.
What will you be doing?
- Making and receiving inbound/outbound calls and talking to customers for the majority of the shift
- Working efficiently using our outbound dialler technology to ensure you are speaking to third party customers as soon after the notification of the accident as possible
- Use our menu of offers to find a solution that best meets the customers’ needs whilst being mindful of unnecessary costs
- Use active listening and good questioning to understand and assess the damage whilst capturing the information accurately
- Quickly and accurately establish whether the vehicle is repairable or if it is going to be deemed a total loss (write off)
- Be aware that some customers may have sustained injuries during the accident. You will need to identify these and refer the customers to our external provider where appropriate
- Where our policy holder has been in a road traffic accident with a third party vehicle, we aim to quickly contact the third party if our policy is deemed at fault. We offer to take on the repairs of their vehicle and offer a hire vehicle if required, so that we can control the costs of the repair whilst also reducing the inconvenience to the third party customer. If we do not successfully intervene, we are likely to incur increased costs to settle the claim – so you will need to use first class customer service and exemplary negotiation skills in order to on-board as many customers as possible onto our services. As this may be a difficult time for customers, you will need to actively listen, show empathy during your conversation and fill the third party customer with confidence and reassurance.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Experience in delivering outstanding customer service
- Knowledge of claims desirable but not essential
- A track record in meeting and exceeding targets
- Exemplary negotiation, questioning and decision making skills
- The drive to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A self-motivated attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong numeracy, literacy and IT skills
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Competitive starting salary of £23,304 with a structured career path to develop and progress
Up to 5% bonus earning potential
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
Pension match up to 10%
A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment
Structured career path that rewards achievements and focuses on development
Broad exposure to senior management and ability to contribute towards real change
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, healthcare and more)
Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.