Are you a strong operational leader? Are you looking to join an agile and colleague centric business? Then look no further! We are currently recruiting for Third Party Claims Manager. This role will require you to be based in Bexhill head office 2-3 days per week and from home the rest of the time.
You’ll lead, motivate and inspire a team of Team Leaders and their teams made up of Claims Negotiators.
We want to be the biggest and best digital insurer in the UK and expect and encourage all colleagues to play their part in achieving this. You’ll discover a social atmosphere, where friendly, supportive colleagues are always ready to help each other.
How you’ll make a difference:
- You’ll provide strong and effective leadership for the operational delivery of the Technical Claims function by engaging, motivating and leading a high-performing team. This will be in a bodily injury, credit hire, third party property damage or recovery capacity.
- Responsibilities will include development and implementation of strategies to mitigate claims spend, adherence to audit controls and identifying operational process efficiencies.
- Develop technical and operational capability to deliver operational excellence
- To lead and develop a team of handlers ensuring the smooth day to day running of the department, adherence to set SLAs/KPIs, timely allocation of incoming work and to manage performance of the team
- Contribute to operational plans for the department to meet its business targets
- Identify technical skills and knowledge gaps and supporting the development and delivery of required training
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is commercially astute, who understands the drivers of cost and are able to build and develop the capability of their teams
- Has leadership experience, preferably within a claims environment (not essential)
- Thrives under pressure and working in a fast paced environment
- Has exceptional coaching ability with a proven record of improving performance
- Has experience in using team performance management techniques
- Demonstrates excellent communication, problem solving, negotiation and organisational skills
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Highly competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application –
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5k car allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Please see the full list of our benefits here: https://www.hastingsdirectcareers.com/what-we-offer/a-supportive-business#
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.