Tester In Charge (specifically OPS Comms)
When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you’ll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come join a high-performing team doing complex and critical work. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the testing and commissioning activities on site, collating test results and feeding these back into the Office. You’ll be exposed to several technologies including Transmission, Cellular networks, CCTV, Public Address and Data Networks. This role covers railway stations nationwide and due to the nature of the work will require stay aways when required.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for ensuring all staff involved in test activities has the appropriate level of competence and that all test equipment used is calibrated and fit for purpose
- Review and evaluate test results within telent’s scope of works
- You will be responsible for maintaining the Defect Record Log and for ensuring that any Defects or Observations are actioned for resolution
- Responsible for ensuring all project related tests have been satisfactorily completed, for producing Test Certificates and for signing new Ops comms systems into service. Compile test results and test certificates ready for inclusion into O&M documentation
- Must be able to provide technical support to Project Manager and site-based engineers
- Must be able to act as a single point of contact with client representatives on all matters relating to project testing aspects.
Who you are:
You will have previous experience of using test strategies and plans that minimise risk to existing Ops comms services as part of an upgrade or renewal of a legacy Ops comms system
- Network Rail PTS qualification
- Proven experience in managing a site-based team of testers to deliver a program of works
- Good communication skills (both written and verbally) with client engineers to present test strategies/plans and ensuring implemented systems are accepted on completion of test activities
- Computer literate, familiar with MS Office, Word, Excel, etc.
- Understanding of Network Rail, LUL and Railway Group standards
- Understanding of HSE and CDM and Safety Critical Works Regulations.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies and clients giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- Car Allowance
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: