We are currently recruiting for a Test Manager to join our Underwriting product change team. You’ll help lead and innovate the automation function, whilst driving the performance of an excellent team of testers.
Your team will support the overall Pricing team reach new levels and help us deliver on our bold ambitions. So, if you like to roll your sleeves up and get into the detail, as well as wanting to lead a fast paced, dynamic team, then please get in touch!
This role can be based in our London office or Bexhill HQ, either way, flexible working can be discussed during the recruitment process.
About the role
- Managing the vision of the Underwriting Testing team including leading, guiding, and coaching with the ability to support this with a suitable action plan.
- Manages and monitors the guidance and assistance requirements of the UW Testing team in all aspects of test design creation, testing and documentation.
- Leads the development of automation capability within the testing function, including support for existing and new testing tools to take automation forward – working with senior managers and or stakeholders where appropriate.
- Analyse whole solutions and plan manual/automated testing strategies, test requirements, design and build test case suites, test scripts and test procedures with expected results.
- Having hands on approach to creating and executing Manual and Automation testing requirements.
- Improving efficiency through optimisation of testing across levels (unit, integration, system, E2E)
- Supporting and planning BAU maintenance and strategic projects to deliver 500 rating changes to market each year
- Supporting the workflow management and prioritisation process for Underwriting and Pricing changes from a QA perspective
- 5+ years practical experience working in systems testing and development of batch testing processes
- Excellent leadership experience, managing a team of technical individuals
- Experience with various testing methodologies and development of batch testing processes
- Track record of process automation delivery and continuous improvement
- Track record of delivery of projects, establishing work flow management processes and IT integration
- Knowledge of Polaris, WTW Radar and C#
Benefits for you
- Real opportunity to make a difference and shape something special
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- £5k car allowance
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 27 days holiday and bank holidays (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.