Technology Risk Management Information & Reporting Analyst
London or Staines
Full time, 37.5 hours
Up to £50,000 depending on experience + Benefits
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
Do you want to be part of our long-term plans? At Bupa we have a range of roles spread across many areas for you to choose from.
From global teams to developing our activity within the UK. All of our professional roles play a key role in delivering on our purpose.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to support Group Technology Risk in gaining strategic alignment across all Market and Business Units to ensure that a sound, robust and fit for purpose technology risk management runs effectively in all areas of the organisation.
This role will deliver the analysis, insight and reporting necessary to provide evidence that the Enterprise Technology policies and associated standards and controls are in place and running effectively to mitigate Technology Risk.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop the risk management information reporting capability of the function to enable effective reporting to the Global Technology Risk Director on progress in all areas and essential inputs to key governance forums, e.g. Technology Executive Team, Bupa Enterprise Risk Committee.
- Develop and manage provision of risk and compliance management information and reports that raises awareness of risk and enables senior management to act optimally in controlling/remediating risk within set standards, e.g. ensure suitable mechanisms and processes are embedded to produce high quality technology risk insights that enable fact-based decision making.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and optimisation to ensure that the reliability and value add of MI reports and procedures are maintained and developed on an ongoing basis, e.g. you will need to understand Market Unit processes and procedures sufficiently to produce meaningful data.
- Assist in the production of plans and reports, e.g. preparation of presentations for Directors and Heads of Technology Risk Management, Governance & Assurance and CIO as required.
- Ensures implementation of information and records management policies and standard practice and that effective controls are in place for internal delegation, audit and control relating to information and records management.
- Create and manages stakeholder engagement and communications plans, e.g. business process owners and subject matter experts.
- Work with stakeholders at senior levels, e.g. in gathering reporting requirements and developing reports/visuals.
- Deal with problems and issues related to the reporting processes, manages resolutions and corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information.
Who we’re looking for?
- The role requires knowledge of IT and Security governance practices, significant experience of risk and control frameworks (e.g. COBIT, NIST, CIS, ITIL), and Management reporting processes
- Extremely good organisational, communication and documentation and administration skills with a good eye for detail.
- A good understanding of Technology processes and strong, proven experience producing management information documentation including: process and data flows, scorecards and other technical analysis reports designed for a range of audiences.
- Sound analytical skills to extract insights from information and significant experience of data analysis tools e.g. MS Excel (including VBA), Power BI, or similar).
- High quality, timely outputs in high pressured environments
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with the confidence and ability to operate effectively at all levels including Senior Management, and technical and non-technical audiences.
- Influencing and facilitating the provision of data from people and teams within Bupa Risk, IT and Information Security teams globally.
- A logical approach to conceptual thinking, and the ability to solve problems to the highest quality in different scenarios.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, even under pressure.
We’re driven by one purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and that that means our people too. As a Bupa employee you’ll be entitled to some fantastic benefits which include 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days as your length of service increases, the option to buy and sell holiday, an enhanced pension plan, life assurance and income protection. You’ll join our annual bonus scheme, amount variable dependent upon your role and performance. Looking after your health is important to us and you can benefit from our health trust scheme where all our people have the option of taking our market-leading medical insurance cover, which includes mental health support and treatment, at a greatly reduced price as well as a free health assessment every 2 year. Your health and wellbeing matter to us and we provide lots of family friendly policies too. You can keep fit at our free onsite gyms (local gym discounts where no onsite gym). We will support you to get to work, offering a season ticket loan to spread the cost of an annual train/bus ticket as well as our cycle to work scheme
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.