Why Join the MoneySavingExpert delivery team?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money. The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting. In addition, our Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills while Credit Club is a great way of managing an array of financial decisions.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer – and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work. If you are inspired by what we do or see yourself as a passionate consumer champion, and have the grit and enthusiasm along with the skills we seek, a career in MSE might just be the right career step you are looking for.
This Tech Lead role is a key role working with various parts of the business to build front end components using HTML, CSS and JS. Work will involve working with our CMS, to render content to users, as well as working on react based web applications. There will be scope too to get involved in some node.js work, but the primary focus will be front end. As the Tech Lead you will lead the team of 5. Your work will be seen and used by millions of people, and will make a massive difference in their ability to save money, and fight their corner.
What will I be doing?
- Ensuring the technical quality of the delivery of software that conforms to coding quality standards and business requirements
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in order to achieve team goals and overcome challenges
- Solving technical uncertainty with advancement of software solutions
- Managing technical debt and raising new stories accordingly
- Staying involved in coding activities where required
- ensuring best practice during development including stewarding junior members of the team where necessary
- Offering support and guidance to others and organising training where required
- Liaise with all sections of the business and technology teams through participation in team ceremonies, progress and technical meetings
- Building close working relationships with your colleagues and stakeholders and wider teams to maximise success
- Seizing opportunities to expand yours and the team’s knowledge and skills
- Communicating the quality and progress of current work items to the stakeholders as required
What skills and experience do I need?
- Strong working knowledge of AWS platform, especially serverless technologies like AWS Lambda, API Gateway & SAM
- Demonstrate and lead on Front End best practices and how to implement, including accessibility, performance, cross browser compatibility and security
- Excellent understanding of the iterative software development lifecycle: Lean, Agile, Kanban
- Experience in Agile Practices: XP & Scrum; Pair Programming; ways of remote working
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Experience of using Build Tools (e.g. Gradle, webpack, npm) for automated build and deployment and continuous integration
- Experience of working with Source Control/Configuration Management tools e.g. Git
- Highly capable in Code Refactoring
Nice to have:
- Experience using Adobe AEM 6+.
- Typescript / ES6 +
- Component development experience
- Experience of service workers/Cloudflare
- Graph QL experience
- Flexible working included.
- Flexible start and finish times.
- Share save schemes (SAYE)
- 27 days holidays +bank holidays (You’re even able to buy 5 more if that isn’t enough for you)
- Pension, a health cash plan, life assurance as well as the option to flex a range of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please be aware that, if you’re successful in securing this position, the offer will be subject to a range of colleague checks that may include: identity, right to work in the UK, credit, criminal record, references and, where relevant, professional qualifications.
- Address One Dean Street, London