Do you feel at ‘home’ with Claims? Are you hungry for a new and exciting project and want to build your ‘foundations’ from the ground up? Our Technical Claims Manager for our Home department may be that opportunity! This is a brand new role to Hastings Direct and is part of our new approach to our claims handling model. It’s a really exciting time to join us as we continue to expand and grow our Claims division.
We are passionate about providing a real work-life balance and therefore open to flexible working options. You can be based at our friendly Bexhill-On-Sea or Leicester offices combined with partial working from home or be fully home working for the right candidate.
We are looking for someone who has extensive home claims knowledge combined with excellent commercial knowledge of current case law and settlement methods. As our Home Technical Claims Manager you will oversee your own portfolio of large loss cases as well as instruct our outsourced claims partners on all cases that exceed their delegated authority level. Acting as a technical referral point across Insurer Services, you will also provide and maintain training material for home claims handling and be accountable for the overall quality of claims handling – whether internally or outsourced partners.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for claims handling within the home claims department and by outsourced partners
- Provide and maintain best practice documents on technical applications for buildings, contents, recoveries and subsidence
- Act as point of technical referral across the business
- Alongside the MI team, accurately measure the performance of home claims
- Provide and maintain training material for the home department
- Ensuring claims are adequately reserved to enable accurate pricing and reserving
- Instructing the outsourced claims partners on cases exceeding the authority level
- Root cause analysis of feedback and transform this into claims best practice
- Oversee a portfolio of large loss cases
- Maintain excellent relationships with Reinsurers
- Support the agreement and maintenance of the Home Anti-Fraud strategy
We’re looking for people who have:
- Extensive experience within a Home claims environment (ACII qualified highly beneficial)
- Excellent knowledge of overall claims best practice
- Strong knowledge of claims systems and MI
- Commercial knowledge of current case law and settlement methods
- Knowledge of ABI market agreements
- Proven leadership capabilities to support handlers and suppliers either remotely or in person
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Competitive starting salary dependant on experience
Up to 10% bonus earning potential
27 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
Flexible working opportunities
Pension match up to 10%
A supportive, dynamic and flexible environment
A brand new opportunity to bring your own experience into the role and develop the department further
Flexible benefits (including additional holiday buy/sell, private healthcare)
Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.