Technical Accounting Manager
London – near Bank of England
Competitive salary + Bonus, Car Allowance, Pension, Private Health
Permanent / 35 hours p/week
Closing date: 26th September 2020
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers. Your input will support Bupa to deliver on our purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
About the area you’ll be working in…
The Technical Accounting Manager is a pivotal role in Bupa’s Group Finance Team. You will provide technical accounting guidance to the financial reporting team (FRT) and senior stakeholders across Bupa. Reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting, you will join a team responsible for managing Bupa’s statutory reporting process. You will enjoy significant exposure to senior management.
What you’ll be doing…
- Maintain Bupa accounting policies and lead on guidance
- Provide technical accounting expertise across Group Finance
- Ensure IFRS compliance for Annual & Half-Year financial reports
- Engage with Bupa Group Auditors
- Support the transition of technical accounting change projects
- Embed new accounting standards, systems and processes
- Stakeholder management across Bupa
Who we’re looking for?
- Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge (IFRS, UK GAAP)
- Experience as a technical accountant in blue-chip / FTSE100 corporation
- Advanced Excel
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- Ability to liaise with senior management at Group level
What’s it like to work here?
We want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/professional/