When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you’ll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come join a highperforming team doing complex and critical work. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, you’ll take on the responsibility for leading the field teams delivering our rail maintenance contracts.
What you’ll do:
- You will work in close partnership with the Health and Safety team to professionally manage all issues and reported incidents fully and by implementing all actions to rectify issues.
- Meet contractual requirements for Telent performance associated with the specific nationwide contract for corrective and planned maintenance and minor works.
- You’ll be providing leadership to the team of planned and corrective maintenance engineers in order that proactive maintenance productivity is maximised, while maintaining the highest standards of safety and quality.
- Provide input to produce minor work quotations.
- Ensure projects are surveyed in conjunction with the client to ensure a clear understanding of the works.
- Point of contact for Clients requiring Performance/Commercial/Financial clarity/resolution of disputes prior to escalation
- Financial reporting, running Actual Figures and providing information for forecasting
- Active involvement in the collation of information required for Bid Tenders and recording Tender responses.
Who you are:
You’ll have combined Test and Repair experience in Telecommunication/Communication Network System environments/products, maintenance and servicing in a Network Rail Environment.
- Competent in the use of test equipment required to commission systems to specification.
- Good understanding of Network Rail health and safety is key and adhering to company/customer polices
- An understanding of computer and data communications protocols and interfaces.
- Have, or be able to acquire, a working knowledge of the requirements of an operational railway environment (AF54 / ERA ICI / Sentinel PASMA First Aid Health and Safety Lift) and Escalator Site Person in charge.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span many sectors, roles, technologies and clients giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our ongoing commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: