NATS is the UK’s leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
This role is for a Systems Software Engineer within our Technical Services function which focuses on the Flight Data Domain of the Systems Engineering Practice. This department enables us to meet our challenges in delivering major change and sustainment activities in support of operational ATM systems.
The successful candidate be part of a team supporting and maintaining systems that form part of the complex Flight Data Processing systems in service of transformation and sustainment projects, working alongside the technical experts.
Other duties include:
The successful candidate will manage configurations and builds, working closely with multiple teams and customers in order to deliver solutions being considerate of quality vs time.
Essential skills and experience:
- The applicant is expected to hold, as a minimum, an HNC (or an equivalent qualification) in an Engineering related discipline and have relevant engineering experience.
- Experience in Systems Software Engineering and delivery of technology change, ideally in a safety critical environment with knowledge of programming languages, e.g SQL
- Working knowledge of the following
- Microsoft Access,
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and VBScript
- Visual Build Professional
- Desire to work in Coding and Scripting.
- Good communications skills (both written and verbal) and will be required to produce build certificates, test reports and work instructions.
Additional vacancy information:
We are proud to offer a fantastic total reward package to help you thrive both personally and professionally. In addition to a competitive salary that’s regularly reviewed, you’ll also benefit from a wide range of other benefits which includes generous leave entitlement, a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme, a range of voluntary benefits and retail discounts, wellness support and a comprehensive learning and development offering.
We have adopted agile working to provide greater flexibility and increased choice over working arrangements, with the opportunity for this role to work in our modern office facilities as well as remotely. We also welcome discussions on flexible and part-time working arrangements. Find out more here.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe – we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.