Network & Security Systems Engineer
When you join our Engineering Team at Telent, you’ll be empowered to innovate and drive common solutions, working closely with technical experts who are proud of the impact their work makes. Come join a high-performing team doing complex and critical work within our Rail Division. Help build and keep the nation’s critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
We are currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our expanding Rail Systems Engineering team. You’ll be working in a part of telent that is dedicated to maintaining the UK wide rail network. Our customers include Network Rail and a host of Train Operating Companies. The role will be to work with the team to provide the focus on building and maintaining the asset maintenance department, network security policies and procedures, you will split your time between the various system upgrades, design changes and maintenance.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical support and continual improvement for rail’s cyber security approach.
- Carry out network and security design works for our customer networks.
- Provide a technical interface to the client.
- Build and test network solutions.
- Supporting the install and regression testing of Security patches and firmware upgrades.
- Support customer networks and systems for our rail customers.
- Build and maintain reference systems for the support system upgrades and patches.
- Work with other teams to improve systems security and monitoring.
Who you are:
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer who has in-depth experience of Networks and Security.
- Experience with configuring firewalls including Cisco and Juniper.
- Experience of designing, building, testing, and maintaining network equipment (including Switches/Routers)
- Experience of designing, building, testing, and maintaining Windows Server architectures
- Experience of working in a London Underground Environment (desirable but not essential)
- Experience with producing or maintaining Cyber security processes and procedures.
- Experience working with network support tools including network management systems and policy enforcement.
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme.
Learn more about Telent: