Support Worker – Learning Disabilities
Richmond Village Bede, Hospital Lane, Bedworth, CV12 0PB
As a Support Worker at Richmond Villages, you’ll help our residents to truly get the most out of life and in return we’ll support you to get the most out of your career. More than just supported living for young adults with learning disabilities. Richmond Village Bede offers onsite care and support to our residents, where independence and dignity are at the forefront of everything we do. We’re currently looking for enthusiastic Support Workers to join us, to help our residents reach their potential.
Working hours and salary
Full Time or Part Time
Various shifts Days: 7am – 11am, 7am – 2pm, 7.30am – 8pm, 7pm – 10pm, or Nights: 7.30pm to 7:30am.
What your typical day involves
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, showering and dressing in accordance with care plans.
- Supporting and assisting with shopping and meal preparation where appropriate
- Supporting residents to undertake daily tasks such as bed making, maintaining clean and laundered clothes, etc
- Helping to promote mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, engaging in hobbies and interests or enabling them to interact with other residents
- Working with the Domiciliary Care Manager and other external professionals such as GPs, Chiropodists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists
- Admin duties: keeping accurate records – maintaining full documentation at all times to show care given, activities and any changes to their health
Who we’re looking for
Ideally, you’ll have experience of working in a care setting or you may have a Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent, however this isn’t essential as full training will be provided. Above all, you’ll be passionate for caring for others, respecting people’s choices and always putting their safety and welfare first. A great listener with a positive outlook, you’re confident talking to both residents and their families and understand that confidentiality is very important in what we do. Always ready to lead by example and support the wider team, you’ll deliver care with dignity and compassion and working to put a smile on our resident’s face every day.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
- Paid breaks
- *Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
As a retirement location, Warwickshire has much to offer. The county is steeped in history and has a wide range of amenities and places of interest to visit. Within easy striking distance of Richmond Bede Village is the town Warwick and its famous medieval Castle and beautiful Royal Leamington Spa. Here you’ll find street after street of stunning Regency architecture. You’ll also discover that both towns have a great reputation for shopping and eating out.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.