We have two incredibly rare opportunities working on the Express. The first role is our Sunday Express Editor. Working closely with the Editor-in Chief, this position will see you taking on full responsibility for the Sunday Express and Saturday edition of the Daily Express.
As our Sunday Express Editor, you will generate award-winning campaigns and investigations across the Saturday edition of the Daily Express, the Sunday Express and other weekday editions.
The second role is for Assistant Editor (Production). Working closely with the Editor in Chief, you will oversee the smooth running of the newspaper ensuring the layout, headlines and content are of the highest standards. This role is across the Daily and Sunday Express.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
Sunday Express Editor
You will build the Express brand, ensuring the newspaper is at the heart of the coverage with agenda-setting exclusive news and feature stories. Working closely with our commercial team, you will work together to optimise, grow and commercialise.
Assistant Editor (Production)
You will assist the Editor in Chief to ensure headlines are written with accuracy and are of an eye catching nature, utilising creativity and journalistic flair. You will carry out occasional sub editing and attend the daily conference to advise on agenda.
Who are we looking for?
For both roles, our success hires will be skilled and qualified journalists with a strong understanding of news/features reporting and story structure. We are looking for a multitasker, who can lead teams and manage a fast-paced, high pressure newsroom.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.