Staff Nurse – Neuroscience Ward
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington London
Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
Salary: £31,285 – £37,989 per annum
£1,100 Shift Allowance
A bit about us:
Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
The Neuroscience Ward
A 21 bedded unit comprising of single accommodation rooms with 3 VIP Suites. We provide comprehensive Neurological, Neurosurgical and Orthopaedic Surgical services. The Nursing team are highly trained and dedicated to providing the best standards of Nursing care. Our specialist multi-disciplinary neurological team includes highly experienced consultants, who are expert leaders in their fields. With the high level of collaboration, combined with a dedication to improve the quality of care provided, this ward has become a very dynamic place to work in. On top of this, you will be joining a friendly bunch of down-to-earth clinical team who will champion your successes and support your nursing career growth.
What you’ll be doing
Work as part of the multi-disciplinary team delivering a high standard of holistic family centred care to patients and their families. Providing the highest standard of nursing care through ongoing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe and effective care.
- Prioritising patient care needs.
- Possess effective time management skills to ensure patients’ needs are met
- Effective communication within the Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Engaging in and promoting multi-disciplinary teamwork alongside: Specialist Doctors, nurses, interpreters and therapists.
- Understand the principles of delivering prescribed treatment safely to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Participating in Research/Evidence based practice groups to enhance and maintain the delivery of care.
- Competency displayed at the bedside, patient assessment, clinical skills and documentation
Who we’re looking for?
- NMC Adult Nurse Registered
- Tracheostomy experience
- Appropriate Staff Nurse experience within acute hospital setting
- Ideally with exposure to Neurosurgery, Orthopaedic, Medical or Surgical patients
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Venepuncture competent
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines
Benefits, including but not limited to:
- Annual Staff Bonus Scheme
- Medical treatment discount for employees and immediate family
- Bupa Staff Health Trust
- Bupa Staff Dental Plan
- Payment for Professional Registration Fees after 12 months service
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday each year (increasing after 5 years’ service)
- Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday days annual leave
- Opportunity to request for an extended period leave
- Generous ‘Refer a Friend’ Scheme
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- Internal and external training opportunities
To find more information, for an informal discussion or an informal visit before applying, please contact Joan-Eric on 07562210958 / Joan-
(please ignore date below)