Staff Nurse – Intensive Care / Critical Care
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington London
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £33,519 – £37,989 per annum
£1,100 Shift Allowance
£2,000 Golden Handshake
8th September 2020
The opening of our new contemporary Intensive Care Unit has brought us a refreshing start! With a new platform, technologically advanced tools and revitalised team, we now have the opportunity to take our quality of care to another level. What an exciting time to join us as an ICU Staff Nurse!
Bupa Cromwell Hospital
We are an internationally recognised private hospital located in the heart of Kensington, providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
Intensive Care Unit
Our Adult Intensive Care Unit is a brand-new state of the art facility in our Cromwell Hospital. Our unit has 10 single beds and our nurses care for level 3 and level 2 patients with a range of medical and surgical conditions that require a high level of medical and nursing support. Various specialisms also involve Cardiothoracic surgery, Lung surgery, Renal Transplant, Liver Robotics, Orthopaedics, Neuro and Maxillofacial.
The unit delivers safe, high quality care whilst providing a supported environment to the nursing team. Apart from the specialist and educational nurse, the unit also prides itself in its MDT which consists of Doctors, Pharmacists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Infection Control & Tissue Viability Nurses.
What you’ll be doing
- Assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care for Critical Care patients.
- Work within a team, supervising and directing more junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurse as required.
- Act as a clinical role model for all members of staff, driving high standards of care at all times.
- Follow all hospital policies and procedures with due care and attention
We’ll support you!
It’s a rewarding role, you’ll be able to see first hand how patients benefit from your
care. You’ll have a support network around you, giving you the time to dedicate to each patient. We operate on a 4:3 model with 2 Supernumerary in charge staff so support is always on hand. You’ll be provided with resources to develop personally and professionally, with access to internal and external courses so there’s always opportunity for you to grow and develop. We also provide a 24/7 Outreach service in which you may potentially develop to.
You will be required to have:
- General Adult NMC registration
- Current substantive nursing role in Critical Care
- Team player abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to develop both professionally and personally
Benefits, include but not limited to:
- £2,000 Golden Handshake (taxed, Ts & Cs apply)
- Annual Staff Bonus Scheme
- Medical treatment discount for employees and immediate family
- Bupa Staff Health Trust
- Bupa Staff Dental Plan
- Payment for Professional Registration Fees after 12 months service
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday each year (increasing after 5 years’ service)
- Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday days annual leave
- Opportunity to request for an extended period leave
- Generous ‘Refer a Friend’ Scheme
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- Internal and external training opportunities
To find more information, for an informal discussion before applying, please contact Joan-Eric on 07562210958 / Joan-
8th October 2020
(please ignore the closing date below)