Staff Nurse – Critical Care
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington London
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £33,519 – £37,989 per annum
£1,100 Shift Allowance
£2,000 Golden Handshake
Up to £5,000 towards Relocation Costs
Our brand new, state-of-the-art 10 single bedded intensive care unit is now up and running! We are all immensely proud of this fresh start as we are now able to provide more quality of care to our critically ill patients. In shaping this unique beginning, we are in continuous search of exceptional Staff Nurses who will set an exemplary nursing care to our Level 2 and Level 3 patients.
A bit about us
Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
Adult Intensive Care Unit
Our AICU treats a wide range of patients with different needs. Work ranges from elective surgical cases, to welcoming international Level 3 and Level 2 patients that require a high level of medical and nursing support. Various specialisms also involve Cardiothoracic surgery, Lung surgery, Renal Transplant, Liver Robotics, Orthopaedics, Neuro and Maxillofacial. The unit aims to deliver safe, high quality care whilst providing a supported environment to the nursing team. Apart from the specialist and educational nurses around the hospital, the unit also prides itself in its MDT which include Doctors, Pharmacist, Dietician, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapist, Infection Control & Tissue Viability. We also provide a 24/7 Outreach service in which you may potentially develop to.
What you’ll be doing
- Assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care for AICU patients.
- Work within a team, supervising and directing more junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurse as required.
- Act as a clinical role model for all members of staff, driving high standards of care at all times.
- Follow all hospital policies and procedures with due care and attention
To be successful, you will be required to have:
- General Adult NMC registration
- Current substantive nursing role in AICU
- Team player abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to develop both professionally and personally
Benefits, include but not limited to:
- £2,000 Golden Handshake / Up to £5,000 Relocation Costs (terms & conditions apply)
- Annual Staff Bonus Scheme
- Medical treatment discount for employees and immediate family
- Bupa Staff Health Trust
- Bupa Staff Dental Plan
- Payment for Professional Registration Fees after 12 months service
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday each year (increasing after 5 years’ service)
- Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday days annual leave
- Opportunity to request for an extended period leave
- Generous ‘Refer a Friend’ Scheme
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- Internal and external training opportunities
To find more information, for an informal discussion before applying, please contact Joan-Eric on 07562210958 / Joan-
(please ignore the closing date below)