It’s a very exciting time for us; we’re transforming our business to become a truly digital first insurer, and we’re looking for an experienced SQL Engineer to join us on our Claims transformation.
Supporting our Claims Analytics teams, working with our Data Engineers you’ll be developing, maintaining, and improving both existing and new processes for data ingestion, transformation, extraction and presentation to deliver brilliant data led solutions for over 3 million customers.
You will develop and deliver robust processes to optimise and clean data for input into our live systems and analytical workflows.
Based either remotely, or in our London or Bexhill offices with flexible working available.
How you will make a difference:
- You will develop, document, and maintain reporting dashboards that monitor data quality across variety of processes.
- You will liaise with colleagues and stake holders across the business to elaborate requirements for new data products and translate these into technical plans.
- You will maintain process quality and robustness through coding best practice, including version control, documentation, and peer review.
- You will investigate and elaborate data issues to help drive continuous improvement in data quality.
- You will support the migration legacy processes to new data platforms.
What we’re looking for:
Your role will make an impact on both the development and delivery of this new team and our customers experience – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a rolled sleeves up, hands-on approach is important.
You will have an excellent understanding of database architecture and querying using SQL, with a minimum 2:1 in a relevant technical degree (Mathematics, Physics or Data).
You will have enthusiasm for accuracy with a proven track record of solving complex data problems, with exposure of reporting services e.g., Tableau, Power BI.
We’re looking for someone with an excellent understanding and proven background with data transformation and cleaning. You will have a track record in programming using any language such as Python, and experience using R/Python, and Snowflake for data manipulation and modelling.
Benefits for you
- A real opportunity to get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and customer focussed environment
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days annual leave
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.