Wood Norton, Worcester Road, Evesham, Worcestershire, WR11 4YB
Providing more than just retirement living. Richmond Village offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class dining service. We’re looking for a Sous Chef at Richmond Village, Wood Norton, to support our Head Chef in delivering a premium level service, delivering modern dishes with traditional influence.
Who we’re looking for
Passionate about food, you’ll have experience working and managing in a professional kitchen, ideally catering for customers with special dietary requirements. Experience with automated ordering systems and an understanding of health and safety procedures, ideally with an NVQ or equivalent City & Guilds and CIEH Level 2 Food Safety Award or equivalent. Open to new ideas, you’ll have an innovative yet organised approach to cooking, always adhering to high standards and remaining calm during a busy service. You’ll enjoy working with others, working together to create and deliver an excellent dining experience at each meal.
Working hours and salary
Up to £10.42ph
40 hours per week.
**Sociable working hours. Shifts between 7.30am and 8pm**
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years’ service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
What your typical day involves
- Catering to residents across the Village which comprises of the care home, catering for serviced suites, villagers who have booked a meal in Restaurant / Spa for meals to be taken across to their apartments or for other specific events
- Prepare and cook food in accordance with food hygiene regulations
- Be aware of residents, villagers and Wellness Spa clients’ dietary needs – responding to their comments and requests in respect of the menu
- Be involved in the preparation and serving of the meals on the hotplate, as required
- Ensuring that all food is used within the prescribed period, with particular attention paid to perishable (high risk) goods
- Ensuring a welcoming, safe and compliant environment for our residents to dine in
- Helping to maintain a clean and hygienic working area
Who we are
Wood Norton is a stunning example of how beautiful and welcoming a care home can be. This is more than just a care home; the wider village amenities make this a thriving and inclusive community for all. With handsomely presented and professionally designed interiors, Wood Norton offers nursing and residential-dementia care.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.