Richmond Willaston, 261 Crewe Road, Willaston, Nantwich, CW5 6GX
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class dining experience. As a Second Chef at our brand-new dementia village in Willaston, you’ll support our Head Chef in providing a high-quality catering service and a balanced and nutritious diet to our residents.
Working hours and salary
£9.21 per hour
Full time, 40 hour contract
What your typical day involves
- Catering to residents across the Village which comprises of the care home, residential households who have booked a meal in the café bar
- Maintaining and updating the Village menus, ensuring a balanced diet in all meal choices
- Managing all kitchen related duties such as budgeting, ordering, stock control, checking, storage, preparation and disposal of waste food
- Working with other members of the hospitality team to ensure smooth delivery of service and advising the team on aspects of food handling related to their work
- Developing and maintaining appropriate systems for the kitchen ensuring all equipment is maintained and any defects are reported to the Head Chef
- Ensuring all kitchen staff are trained, that kitchen duties are delegated accordingly and supporting with the recruitment of staff for the catering department as required
- Preparing rotas, ensuring all shifts are covered
Who we’re looking for
Passionate about food, you’ll have at least 2 years’ experience working in a professional kitchen, ideally catering for customers with special dietary requirements. With an understanding of health and safety procedures, you’ll have an NVQ Level 2 or 3 in catering and a CIEH Level 2 Food Safety Award or equivalent. Previous experience deputising for a Head Chef, supervising staff and any additional catering qualifications would be advantageous. Open to new ideas, you’ll have an innovative approach to cooking and an ability to create nutritious, well balanced and attractive menus using new food products. You’ll enjoy working with others, working together to create and deliver an excellent dining experience at each meal.
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Paid breaks
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
Richmond Willaston is a specialist dementia village in South Cheshire, this new concept will help to transform the way people are supported to live with dementia. The household model will create a supportive environment for those with early onset dementia, providing a positive and proactive lifestyle – surrounded by a beautiful woodland walk, a children’s play area for visiting children, a sensory outdoor garden as well as a café bar. In addition, the onsite care home will support more advanced stages of dementia.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their ‘zest for life’.
Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.