As part of our continued growth and investment in digital technology, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Manager to join our agile Guidewire team. This is an exciting and key position to help deliver on our ambitions of being the best and biggest digital insurer in the UK.
Working across all aspects of the software development lifecycle, you will lead the delivery of high quality software changes across our Guidewire platform.
How you will make a difference
- Provide technical leadership, enforcing the vision of the application technical architecture and integrity of the application environment in conjunction with Solution Architects and other technical leads
- Contribution to development within a Scrum test and across teams for area of responsibility, and take ownership of code reviews and contributes to standards for development practices
- Partner with the project team to provide estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation.
- Understand and align Development output to Hastings technical vision for projects, programs and systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts
- Mentor, coach and train team members and peers, to enforce development guidelines and best practices
- Develop code that conforms to Hastings Direct coding standards and industry best practices
- Passionate about the value of testing, and drives adoption of testing frameworks
- Ensure the highest quality of code delivery from team, including no major incidents on the back of team changes
- Line Management responsibilities for the Software team
What we are looking for
- Proven experience working as a Lead Developer/Development Manager, supporting and developing enterprise level software
- Multiple years’ experience developing Guidewire InsuranceSuite and Java/J2EE applications
- Team and people management expertise
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment
Benefits for you
- Competitive basic salary
- Remote working opportunities
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- £5k annual cash car allowance
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Up to 10% pension contributions
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.