Got a nose for a story and always know what’s trending on Twitter? This job could be for you. If you know your TikTok from your Insta Stories this is the chance for you to spread your wings and join an award-winning social team at Reach Nationals, working across our iconic national titles which includes Mirror, Express & Star and our celebrity magazine OK!.
We are looking for a brilliant Social Video Editor to join our London-based editorial team to find the best stories and drive social traffic in creative ways. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for sourcing and producing great video content which will perform well on our social platforms by engaging and increasing our audience.
Working closely with the Group Head of Social you will need to be flexible and able to react quickly, as well as have a very strong news sense.
This is a fantastic role working within one of the UK’s busiest news groups, and one which will offer the successful candidate a great opportunity to develop and build on their skill and industry knowledge.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
What will the role involve?
- Source content that will drive engagement across our social platforms
- Find and pitch videos using analytics and tools to tell you what’s already trending, as well as finding the next big stories yourself
- Edit and post videos on our social pages
- Come up with new creative ways to drive engagement and grow our audiences
- Forward plan social media content and coverage
- Respond to live events and breaking news on social media
- Maintaining brand safety guidelines across all content
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify trends – and communicate findings
- Work in team managing Reach PLC’s social media feeds and messages
- Help to ensure Reach PLC content is getting maximum referrals from social media
- Assist with product testing of new social media developments
Who are we looking for?
- An excellent communicator who is able to sell stories with flair, passion and skill
- Attention to detail so you can edit and produce accurately under pressure
- A confident writer who is able to write clear and concise captions to accompany videos
- An understanding of how to optimise video to make it engaging on social media
What can we offer you?
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes