The social media team here at DLG is award-winning, and we don’t want that to stop! We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Specialist to lead and deliver the social media strategy for the Direct Line Group’s exciting portfolio of consumer facing brands (Direct Line, Churchill, Green Flag and Privilege) working in a dynamic and fast-paced Marketing function.
This role is a Fixed Term Contract covering maternity leave, estimated length will be 10 months , our ideal start date for this role would be mid August – but don’t worry if this might not be possible – we are happy to consider a later start date to get the right person!
So what kind of role might you be in now? either Social Media Director or Head of Social
Who you’ll be working with:
As Social Media Specialist, you will define and be the driving force, behind our customer facing social media strategies across DLG’s own brands.
Overseeing the management of all agencies and suppliers involved in the creation and delivery of content across DLG’s customer-facing social media channels. In conjunction with our media planning agency, you will develop and maintain great relationships and joint business plans with Twitter, Facebook, Google (YouTube) and Snapchat. You will lead and develop a team of four Social Media Managers, ensuring they are focused through clear accountabilities and objectives.
What you’ll be doing:
- As Social Media Specialist you will have outstanding people management skills, supporting, mentoring and developing your team members.
- Experience and knowledge of using a range of social media platforms and tools; such as Brand Watch, Conversocial, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- You’re an authority on social content writing and development either in publishing or agency side having published content via social media platform tools and social media management systems.
- Supporting the team, when executing paid social media brand awareness activity using native platforms.
- Knowledge of social media measurement capabilities and the ability to evaluate and implement brand uplift study opportunities which in turn benefits future activities is crucial.
- Possess an integrated marketing attitude (offline and online, paid, owned and earned channels)
- Experience of working within tight deadlines, adjust to changes, balancing short term needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Possess knowledge of social media platforms, market trends, and consumer behaviour. As well as a clear understanding of brand safety across our social platforms.
- Strong influencing skills are key together with a keen eye for detail!
- You will partner closely with the Head of Social Media Customer Service to provide a consistent social tone of voice, brand and customer experience for our Social Customer Care Consultants.
- Ultimately you will be passionate about social media and can help us turn data into actionable insight to further drive our business forward!
What we’ll give you:
Come join us and you’ll find yourself in the middle of one of the most on-the-go teams in the business, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names. We’re always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.