Reach plc has created a new role to help us drive our social media presence, and we are looking to hear from you! We are looking for a creative social media manager that will be responsible for leading the creation of brand led social content for some of the Nation’s biggest news and entertainment brands. Working with the Head of Brand, you will manage the brand content output, help to develop and execute exciting content franchises and one off posts for all social channels.Insta, Snapchat, TikTok, YT – you name it, if it’s social you’ll know it, love it, and will create some killer content for our brands!
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Feed in and execute our per-platform social strategies
- Seeking out and leading on social specific briefs aligned to wider brand and customer strategy (both on a reactive and forward planning basis).
- Working with the wider team to develop and execute ideas for exciting social and platform first creative.
- Working closely with the editorial social team, liaising on the brand content calendar and sharing with other departments as required.
- Working with the Insight team on social reporting, ensuring you are rigorously tracking the performance of all content and enabling this data to be fed into future channel strategies.
- Identify relevant creators and or brand partnership opportunities, working with partners on developing and executing content where applicable.
- Developing and maintain excellent relationships within the business i.e. Editorial, Marketing and Reach Solutions teams
- Self-shooting, and editing content where necessary in order to maintain the smooth running of the team
- Ensuring competitor research and customer insight are at the heart of all our output.
Who are we looking for?
- Enthusiastic team player with a genuine obsession for social media.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience creating brilliant social media content for brands.
- Harbouring a real interest in social media platform changes and news, committed to exploring how Reach might maintain a first-move advantage on each channel.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to keep projects moving and ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong numerical know-how for reporting and analysing stats.
- Strong communicator and flexible approach to working collaboratively across departments and with teams.c
- Highly proactive and motivated.
- Ability to work across multiple projects.
- Effective operator, gets things done well and with good pace.
- Strong understanding of campaign development and executions.
- Knowledge of digital content strategy and creation
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.